Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the venders on here sell these? I did a search in the vendor area and came up with the shiftster only. Not sure if i put this in the correct area as well, if its in wrong spot please move to correct area. rather suport our venders first if possible.

ATM I have a spare Bw1356 I like to rebuild and have ready for my truck when I get around to having the trans rebuilt..... It's goin fine now, but its hit over 170k miles and I know it's life span has not much left and Like to be ready for the rebuild and possibly do it a little sooner when I get the cash rounded up.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Do any of the venders on here sell these? I did a search in the vendor area and came up with the shiftster only. Not sure if i put this in the correct area as well, if its in wrong spot please move to correct area. rather suport our venders first if possible.

ATM I have a spare Bw1356 I like to rebuild and have ready for my truck when I get around to having the trans rebuilt..... It's goin fine now, but its hit over 170k miles and I know it's life span has not much left and Like to be ready for the rebuild and possibly do it a little sooner when I get the cash rounded up.
Glad you asked cuz I was lookin to rebuld or at least freshin up my manual 1356 to replace my auto.
I too was wondering what kit and where to buy.
I saw that rockauto has a few kits.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Look for a bearing and seal kit . Should run about less tha a hundred. Do the pump kit as well. It should be under eighty bucks. The bearing kit has all the seals and bearings needed to do the build. Be careful if you plan on pulling the roller needle bearings from the case. The magnesium cases get loose around the bearings after an extrction or two. I didnt mess with mine b/c I have seen it get real bad real quick and have to end up buying a case half. If you do change them put some loctite around the outside of the bearing and the inside of the case where the bearing seats. This will keep it from spinning if the case has given up some clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts