Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found some time to yank the interior out of my Bronco. The original vinyl flooring was looking pretty bad:

A pleasant suprise was awaiting below. I suspected the floor might be rust free, but it was just so nice to actually see that it really was.

I was tempted to spray some Rhino lining in it, but not for the price they were asking. So, I ordered a carpet kit and did it myself. The color is "Ford blue" but, as you can see, it doesn't match the blue in the seats and dash. Oh well, it looks good enough for me.

You can see more pictures of it at http://www.bejara.com/bronco.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow what a difference. It looks great. It is amazing how well the vinyl protected the floor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice. must be like a new rig.the vinyl did do a great job of preserving the metal,unlike carpet would....keep it dry now!

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
wouldn't it have been better to put the carpet in over the vinyl? Or is the vinyl too thick?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95 BXL said:
wouldn't it have been better to put the carpet in over the vinyl? Or is the vinyl too thick?
Part of the problem with the vinyl flooring was that it kinda stunk when the Bronco had been sitting in the warm sun for a while. But you're right; it would have been really difficult to keep it under the carpet anyhow because the carpet came with thick insulation glued to it, leaving just enough for the bolts and screws to reach the metal. The hardest part was trying to locate all the holes. The carpet was already molded but not cut out for everything.

Thanks for the thumbs up everyone! Next stop is center console installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts