Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know an easy way to get this sumb!+tch hose on the water pump short of removing the pump? Mine blew on the way home from work this morning and it cost me $60 in towing. Now I'm trying to get this hose on and the waterpump housing is stopping it from going all the way down. I've tried dish soap and it helps it to start but as soon as it hits the housing thats the end. Help! I need this truck to go pick up a rear end for my son's truck tomorrow.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,362 Posts
Ignore this, I re-read your post. Can you take a pic? Are you talking about the lower hose in the red circle on this pic?

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it is the bypass hose, the one for the 5.0 and the 5.8 are the same from a parts store, but you have to trim the skinny end for the 5.0, due to the shorter deck height.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jermil yes that is the SOB BTW I can get it on almost as far as you have in the pic

95 that was gonna be my next step but I was hoping to avoid that if possible

Gack wouldn't wd40 deteriorate the hose? thats why I was trying dish soap

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
davids78bronco said:
It would take a lo-o-ong while, for any remaining WD to do any "damage" to the hose. Lube it up, and get mean with it!
:stupid
If you sprayed it every day for the next five years it would deteriate it. Spraying it once wont do anything. WD-40 evaperates and what small amount of residue that remains wont do anything to it at all.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a pic of where its at now...

As you can see its not quite seated and it looks like if I could get it to seat fully the kink would be out of it.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
Trimming the hose is good, I always use vasoline because it will disolve and won't hurt anything. The way I did mine was to put a rag around the hose and take a pair of pliers and gentley work the hose back and forth until it goes on where you want it. It's a PITA job but it worked for me. Good Luck!

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everybody thanks for the help. I used a combination of things to finally get the bastage on there. The WD40 slickened things up enough that I could get it past that damn bolt but it was still too long. I had to trim almost an inch off but there is NO kink in it now and the water pump end is at the very base. The clamp is higher on the post but that is where I had it before.

Hose finally in place:chili: :chili:

Amount trimmed from hose

Thanks again everybody!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts