Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, i have a 78 f150, c-6 married case a np 205...i want to run a double cardan joint front driveshaft.....is there a longer housing? it looks like the double cardan joint will hit the corner of the tranny housing and pan..or do i need to clock the tcase down? i know broncos with a manual had a double cardan front shaft factory, but im not sure about automatics
thanks
rich

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
There's two different lengths available. To swap between the two, you'll have to tear down the transmission to swap the output shaft to the different length needed.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Dustyballs has it right.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I believe the factory auto with a NP205 has the long adapter. It was the factory np203 that has the shorter version. At least that is what I have seen. I have both.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I believe the factory auto with a NP205 has the long adapter. It was the factory np203 that has the shorter version. At least that is what I have seen. I have both.
You are correct. The '78 Broncos with and auto and 205 came with the long adapter. The auto and 203 had the short adapter.

The '78 broncos with an auto and either t-case were equipped with a double cardan CV on both the front and rear shafts.

I don't know what manual trucks had...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm my adapter is 5 3/4 in long, do you know what one that is? it looks like the shaft i have thats a double cardan will just fit...but its the small joint one, 1310 i think...im not confident with that and boggers...

rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts