Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just say I did search and if I missed it can someone give me a link. I have a 88, 351 and the trany code is K. My under standing is that its a c-6. My promblem is the bronco was getting hot a couple of times. The gauge had goten up to "A" in normal about three times. It is not a DD only on the wkends ever now and again. I changed the rad. and I went to add more trany fliud in and it was full. It should have been low ( from the new radiater) so I went and did a fliud/filter change. I put 8 quartsin to it and I still do not get any movement. I pilled the lines off the radater and I'm not getting anything out of the lines. Does this mean my pump is bad. It drove fine before the fliud changed. Help please.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DUMB [email protected]@ Myself

:banghead :banghead Well I posted this a wk ago and I found out WHAT I DID WROUG. I"m such a dumb [email protected]@.:cry :banghead :banghead will I ended up puting 14 qts of trans fliud in the wrong tube. :banghead :banghead :banghead yea I put in the oil tube instead of the trans tube.:doh0715: :doh0715: I got lucky. i did not let it run more then 10 mins. totel. i drained the oil into a 5gal. bucket and filled the bucket up.I pulled the trane pan and didn't any shaveings thank god:beer So please FLAME if you like too. I thought I'd post this for any one who haven't change there fliud yet. Make sure you put the fliud in the right place and not like me.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Look at the bright side, ya caught it quick... and the inside of your engine should be nice and clean too:doh0715:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts