Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the approximate line pressure going to the cooler ? I'm having trouble getting air out of my cooler, or, the relief in the perm a cool "H" valve is lifting and not allowing circ to the cooler.
93 bronco, 460,C-6, 3/8" lines to the T-stat controled "H" valve, then 1/2" SS lines to a trans cooler ( stacked plate) OEM from a 06 superduty, cooler is mounted with inlet/outlet pointing up so cooler stays full when off and air is likely to purge out. I have a temp sensor on the supply and return lines so I can monitor flow results. The valve closes at 180 F and deserts flow to the cooler, and this seems to be working as I can feel the supply line to the cooler and it's very hot like it's trying to flow. ( cooler was cleaned and flushed prior to install) return line is ice cold and temp sensor indicates re-circ from valve. Tried putting rig on extream side angle so air was forced to outlet side of cooler. Had trans up to temp, shifted to neutral and run up to 3K rpm to try and force flow. Also tried pumping 2 qts ATF into supply side of cooler and back to trans. Then pulled the extra back out of trans. No luck yet. This one has me stumped. The OEM cooler is mounted with inlet/outlet facing down on the superduty. Not sure if they use a spring check or something else in line to keep fluid in cooler. And advise is welcome

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,094 Posts
Anyone know the approximate line pressure going to the cooler ?
Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this but......

....cooler is mounted with inlet/outlet pointing up so cooler stays full when off and air is likely to purge out.
Factory installs them upside down. Gravity will purge the air out this way. If the engine is off and the fluid isn't pumping, how is the air going to be forced out when it's upright?? :scratchhe

Try installing it with the inlet/outlet down :shrug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts