Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to FSB this site kicks ass, ive searched quite a bit found a ton of info, seen lots of info on e4od fixes and swaps to m5od's and zf's, but i couldnt find much on c6 swaps, i have a 1991 302 with a shot e4od, go figure, im gunna try the soleniod pack first but i have two c6's from 85's at my disposal, that is why i ask this question, if u can swap in the manual w/ out changing the computer than what would be wrong w/ switching in the mechanical c6, im not worried about the vss, neutral safety switch, speedo, reverse lights w/e, i just want it to run and move for now, i have not looked into (searched)the t-case situation so im figuring thats why i could not run the c-6, point me in the right direction or learn me how to search better, i dunno if u guys prefer this in this forum or in the mechanical one, u can move it w/e, i dont care, any info will be appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
You need converter, both driveshafts (C6 is ~6" shorter), cross member, new or modded shift linkage(both tranny and transfer) dipstick/tube, vacum line for the modulator and some kickdown arrangement. The transfer will fit tranny.
When its all done, you have to get used to higher mpg/more rpms at highway speed and a sligthly slower acceleration.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mda said:
yeah, thanx a ton for the info, i dont know how im supposed to know that reviving the turd means e4od to c6 swap, so i appreciate someone helping me out there, it wouldve took me ages to find that sucker

that definetly looks like the route for me, b/c i have a guy w/ 2 85's w/ 6 and 8 inch suspension lifts, 351W's c6's and 9"'s and a good back window, if i pick those up i should have all the goodies i need to build a wheeler, if anyone else has any info or tips they would be appreciated, otherwise this thread can be deleted, IDC

once again thanx a ton, FSB rocks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, thanx i know it can be real easy pulling the Preverbial "search u moron" on a newbie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts