Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the length of a c-6 and a 205. I have searched and been unsuccessful. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I just measured one..came up with 41" from the engine-mating face of the tranny bell to the u-joint center (bolt face) of the rear yoke.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
redwagon said:
from tip to end? also which c-6? for small block or big block?
Tip?..end?. What was not clear about the description I used above? It's the lenght from the block face to the rear u-joint yoke...which is as long as it gets. The one I measured is sitting in a 78 F-250 frame...'big block' C6 bell.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
bmc69 said:
Tip?..end?. What was not clear about the description I used above? It's the lenght from the block face to the rear u-joint yoke...which is as long as it gets. The one I measured is sitting in a 78 F-250 frame...'big block' C6 bell.
sorry posted same time you did...was asking the on the first question...should have qouted I guess.:whiteflag

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bmc69 said:
Exactly the info that I needed thanks

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
A couple more measurements 'from the yard':

Small-block and big-block C6 are both same length - 20" approx.
Assembled C6 and BW1356 T-case are 42" LOA..1" longer than the C6/NP205

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
79 and ealrier the 4x4 C6 could be found in two different over all lengths and in 80 the t-cases switched so another over all length came into the picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts