Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I can find the answer to every question I have by just searching, but this I couldnt find any useful info on this.

Heres what I got, My 92 has a d44 solid with 12 extended radius arms with heims and 9in skyjacker coils. When I put in the solid axle the bushings (I would call them c-bushings for a lack off a better term) seemed to be in good shape so I decided to run them. After 1 badlands trip both sides had split out half way making to coils bow outward towards the tire pretty bad. So I replaced them with napa replacements. After our last badlands trip i noticed these bushing too are starting to walk out. My question is what should I do, buy different bushings? I was also thinking that I could weld some tabs onto the sides of the radius arms to hold them in, is there any disadvantage to this?

Thanks in advace for the help... if needed i could go snap a picture real quick if my discription is unclear

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
IIRC, there's a silicone(?) lubricant that you're supposed to use on them... did you use it, and how much of it did you use?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
IIRC, there's a silicone(?) lubricant that you're supposed to use on them... did you use it, and how much of it did you use?
mine never came with that stuff. I just put on a ample amount of bearing grease.

they could also be kickin out because your arms are not in the correct orientation to the bushings.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine never came with that stuff. I just put on a ample amount of bearing grease.

they could also be kickin out because your arms are not in the correct orientation to the bushings.
That makes sence, with the extension on the rad arms, i had to pull them into the frame alot, is there any way to keep the bushings in?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts

im glad someone has the right idea here... :brownbag

your arms are mounted wrong most likely... that or the bushing is walking out b/c it split

dc

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
That makes sence, with the extension on the rad arms, i had to pull them into the frame alot, is there any way to keep the bushings in?
Just a thought, Could you of maybe put the right arm in the Left side or are they both the same? :shrug

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
you extended the arms, did you bend them to run along the frame or are they mounted inward, on a crossmember? it's likely either that (if you've forced the arm to sit outward to attach to the frame, this could be causing the split/spit of the C bushing, or for sure, don't reuse stock rubber type bushings, buy the poly, use some white lithium grease during install, and you will be fine, there is no need to weld in brackets to hold these in if put in properly.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
just to stop the guessing from this point. post up some pictures of the arms in relation to the frame and axle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts