Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've located a set of 79 bronco upper coil buckets and shock mounts in really good shape, I have just about everything I need for the swap, but the c- caps that came with this axle look like they sat in a bucket of saltwater or somthing and are really pitted and have like flaking metal on them. My question is does anybody know where to get replacements, I tried to do a search on here but it says the "c" is too short and brings up way too many threads, and when I tried to search for the parts throung companies, all I can find is 66-77 caps. Are they the same or not?

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13230_radius_arm_c-cap.htm

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The ones from Broncograveyard will work, I think Duff sells them too. You might try posting an add in the Wanted section of the forum as someone may have a set laying around that they'll sell for cheap.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
66-77 caps are different. Clean up what you've got and run them if you can. They are hard to come by. The spacing for the lower coil cups bolt is different on a lot of the caps.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
You might know where several sets are, but I had a hell of a time sourcing them for my swap. I had 9 different c-caps from my swap. Getting them to match my lower coil cups and radius arms was a huge pain in the ass.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
I just recently bought a set off a member here. Check out the for sale section (look for "radius arm caps" rather than "c-caps").

·
Registered
598 Posts
The ones JBG sells ARE Duff caps, and while they are for the baby bronco, all you have to do is slot the hole in the bottom spring bucket and spring retainer. My stock set looked like your saying yours did, but if you use a chisel to get the big stuff off, then just a wire wheel to clean the rest up, they look pretty nice after paint. I had a set of the Duff ones and was about to use them because both bolts broke off in the caps, But then I got an E-Z out broke off in one, and it proved to be impossible to get out. Anyway, a friend reminded me that they are symmetrical, so I just drilled, tapped, and milled the bottom flat. So now they are on and just upside down, but everything looks like it will work fine. Check my SAS tomorrow to be sure if your interested.

Don

-

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info on the Electrolytic Rust Removal method, After I read about it and watched the video, I remember watching that a while back on trucks.
Before:

Being Cleaned:

After:

Primed and ready for paint, worked well on knuckles too:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts