Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be rebuilding my extra C6 this weekend and was just wondering if anybody would want any pics or any kind of a tech write-up. If so, just say the word and I will bring my camera with me.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Love to see one... If you've got the time, I'll read it---Fog

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I might not be able to do a perfect, step-by-step write-up, but I will try to cover everything as best I can, especially the stuff that a overhaul manual might be vague on. I know it never hurts to have color pictures to go along with a manual.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
redwagon said:
yes yes yes yes...I need to do mine and really havent dug in to a trans yet.
Tearing them down? A breeze... Its the rest that will make you want to scream :toothless Would be a very useful writeup for people considering doing this job themselves. :thumbup

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
YES, and umm oh yeah YES, gotta do mine in the 79 and would like to see how complicated it really is. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, got disassembly done and got pics of all that yesterday, and was going to finish putting it back together last night when I realized that the TCI truck master kit doesn't come with a thinner low-reverse clutch pack pressure plate to allow more room for the extra clutches. So I need to order this part on Monday and won't be able to finish assembly till next weekend since I have to be back at college tomorrow. This was my first time buying a TCI kit and don't really understand why the kit comes with the extra clutches but no thinner plate so you can use them.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, got my new plate from TCI and can finish assembly this weekend. I have spring break next week so I should have enough time to do the write-up.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starting the write-up in the Tech write-up section. It will take me some time to do since there is about 60 or so pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts