Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have C6 3 Speed and I cannot find the drain plug. I removed the cover at the bottom of the bell housing turned the crank so the converter would turn. Turned it 360 and nothing? The only bolts I see are 4 like the pic below. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep looking. I had hell getting enough leverage on mine to break loose so I left it in.
okay yeah got it, it was flush if not almost recessed with the torque converter just missed it. I also need a new pan magnet been hunting online found some for a C6 but does not say if its for a Bronco or even 3 speed. Ford Parts Giant only has it for an 90 probably an AOD. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
24,989 Posts
okay yeah got it, it was flush if not almost recessed with the torque converter just missed it. I also need a new pan magnet been hunting online found some for a C6 but does not say if its for a Bronco or even 3 speed. Ford Parts Giant only has it for an 90 probably an AOD. Any thoughts?
Yo First,
Our C6s didn't come with a pan magnetic. Members have installed a magnetic drain plug.

C6 Parts Break-Out Diagram @ 1983 Ford Bronco Diagrams picture | SuperMotors.net

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, kept me from waisting time. Pulled off the filter and this is what it looked like, no metal shavings buy really black the pan is the same way. Guess it was getting a little hot?

·
Registered
637 Posts
It’s been a bit but I think mine had a grayish sludge layer. Not thick, but there. I chalked it up to friction material.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts