Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 81 bronco with c6 tranny i was driving on the highway going 70mph and the tranny spun and now i could drive it on second gear and 55mph. I just got it rebult 3 yrs ago. will i have to rebuid it again.
If i do is there an overdrive tranny for a bigblock.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
bigsal51 said:
on my 81 bronco with c6 tranny i was driving on the highway going 70mph and the tranny spun and now i could drive it on second gear and 55mph. I just got it rebult 3 yrs ago. will i have to rebuid it again.
If i do is there an overdrive tranny for a bigblock.
your vaccum modulator is probably bad, or the vaccum line goin to it has come off. I forgot to hook mine back up when i put on my new carb and it did the same thing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it on the tranny where i should look.
Oh and i also just added a stopleak before it did it. Could that have somthing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
you added stop leak to the tranny? I'm assuming it was leaking . . . I don't if this would explain what is going on with your 3rd gear but make sure you don't have too much fluid in your tranny . . . too little and too much don't do well with trannies . . .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it has too much fluid. would that give me this problem.
Should i drain the tranny and change the filter and get the right fluid level.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
it's not supposed to be leaking, change the modulator. it's easy, search for it.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
IIRC its on the pass side close to the bottom. Should be the only vacm line runnin to the trans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts