Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have the factory 1980 C6 Bronco Tranny Hooked Up Behind my 429 and its getting rough ive burned up the clutches and its got stripped bolts and stuff so id like to find another old C6 to rebuild while im still driving around with mine but im curious does what T-case it had matter I have the NP208 so does the transmission i find have to have that also im worried about like getting one for an NP205 or something and having to swap output shafts or bolt patterns or something like that. I plan to rebuild it alot stronger then stock it`ll get a HUGE cooler, shift kit and anything else i can find that will help so any help ya`ll can provide would be greatly appricated thanks,sean

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
A C6 with a 205 adapter will fit any Ford t-case. A C6 with a 208/1354/1356 adapter will fit any of the 208/1354/1356 t-cases. To use a 205 t-case, the adapter has to be notched to fit the 205 shift linkage. In other words, a 205 C6 will fit any Ford t-case but not the other way around.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info i think im going to have mine rebuilt with some performance mods or something but much better then stock thats for sure but im also debating on a brand new TCI tranny from jegs they have a beefed up c6 made for heavy towing for just under $1000 but im gunna go around and talk to a few shops ive gotten a heads up on and see what they want to rebuild mine first
thanks,sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts