Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the old engine and tranny out of my Bronco. I had planned on resealing the tranny while it was out.Depending on what I find in the pan I may tear it down and rebuild it. I do plan on moving up to a case hardened double clutch T/C. What else can be done to the C6 to beef it up?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I am about to pull the old engine and tranny out of my Bronco. I had planned on resealing the tranny while it was out.Depending on what I find in the pan I may tear it down and rebuild it. I do plan on moving up to a case hardened double clutch T/C. What else can be done to the C6 to beef it up?
Hey Bruno2,
I had my C6 rebuilt about 7 months ago, wish I could have done it myself like you but I ain't got the knowhow just yet. But after reading all the threads here about a C6 what I did do was get the biggest trans cooler I could fit in there and installed an external filter system. Lots of threads here about it. Also I got me one of them tranny pans with the drain plug built in. Best mods I ever did for my BKO. If you do nothing else, replace the cooler with the largest one you can get in there. The little one that comes with your Bronco just ain't gonna cut it. Your BKO will thank you for it!

Glayd

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
TCI reportedly makes the best shift kit for them. Thats what I put in mine. I heard less then best reviews on the B&M in the C6 variety

·
Super Moderator
27,007 Posts
yo,
aside from the performance items, as Glayd advised:
an ext. in-line Filter, by Emerging Enterprises, Magnefine® - Installation Instructions; Ford XC3Z-7B155-AA; this filter is cited in Filter, In-Line Kit TSB 00-23-10 for 89-96

and Drain Plug
Installation in an 83
Source: by lightnin (The Tank, Broncinator, John H) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45198

Pan, TCI Review in an 88
Source: by flatlander at FSB
"...Great stuff. One very stout pan comes with quailty components. Ive had it on for a week and just had to haul a enclosed trailer for a buddy. Tranny stayed cool and stronger than I remember. Well worth the price (and it was the cheapest one @ summit)..."

Rebuild Parts Recommendations & Costs
Source: by Broader Performance via & by OX1 (OX, Jim, James O, Bronco Ranger XLT GREEN_DILYSI) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114162

Rebuild in an 84
Source: by bluebronco1966 (Two-Tone Turd) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61383

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo, Miesk5 nice reply with great info and links. I was looking at the monster in a box kits. They seem a little high for what rebuild parts should cost. Iam going to call WIT in the morning and see of they have these parts at wholesale. I was thinking $250.00 should get a premium rebuild kit.

The link with the E4OD parts looked intersting. I might give that a run. I will keep this thread updated as I start my project.

·
Super Moderator
27,007 Posts
yo Bruno;
Some Monster kits do run hifgher ib cost to typical kits, but they usually contain more "hard parts"; some for sale at E bay and many trans rebuilder sites show pics of what the kits include, but hardly provide a compete listing; most say, " bushings" or gaskets;

as Tom and I have gone on in his E4OD upgrade thread here; it is like a boat; we try to maintain Costs vs. wanting top quality parts and staying within our household budgets.

Get the Ford pn or the part(s) description and gOOgle for better prices.
I use Ford parts site @ http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=1987&m=Ford&mo=Bronco
Gaskets and Sealing Systems
I chose 5.0
7153 (MTK-36900-A) Auto Trans Seals and O-Rings Kit
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders $103.58 Select a dealer for prices & availability

Trans Hard Parts
7A377

(TM-43)

Auto Trans Modulator Valve
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders; Color - Green, SAD Trans $69.30 Select a dealer for prices & availability 7V575 (MTKV-K3600-A)

Auto Trans Master Repair Kit
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders $226.33 Select a dealer for prices & availability 7V575 (MTKV-K5300-A) Auto Trans Master Repair Kit
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders $253.77 Select a dealer for prices & availability *

Rebuilt C 6:
F1TZ-7V000-DARM (TRM-84) Auto Trans Assembly
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders - 4WD; engineering number: E7TP-7000-AB, model tag number: PKB-CZ $1,418.67 Select a dealer for prices & availability * (TRM-84)

Auto Trans Assembly
5.0L 302 CID 8 Cylinders - 4WD; w/3.55 Axle, model tag number: PKB-BC, engineering number: F2TP-7000-ZB $1,418.67 Select a dealer for prices & availability

Then, using the Ford PN, I get my Ford parts via AMAZON; they are VG at delvy and esp pricing; I bought a Genuine $150.00 Motorcraft DPFE Sensor for $50.00 with free shipping and no sales tax; Local dealers wanted 150.00 + sales tax

same price & discount for a Motorcraft Idle Air Control (IAC)

I must have overwritten this thanks to Comcast lag;
Description & Operation, Identification Tag, Parts Break-Out Diagram w/Nomenclature, Troubleshooting, Testing, In-Vehicle Service, R&R, Cleaning & Inspection; "Covers transmission assembly, dis-assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting." 4.88 MB pdf
Source: by Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) via akpp.in.ua @ http://akpp.in.ua/files/program/FORD/C-6.pdf
this book usually goes for $35.00 so dnload and save to pc

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts