Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to replace theirs?

My bronco decides to shift all the way to third by 15mph.

Also wont let me go over 3k rpm in first before tranny shifts, 2.5k in second.

Is their another possible culprit?

·
Super Moderator
26,988 Posts
yo MrFlippers,
Download & Save this: (Has been checked for Virus etc by AVG; so ck it w/your scanner too before openinging/saving.

C6 Description & Operation, Identification Tag, Parts Break-Out Diagram w/Nomenclature, Troubleshooting, Testing, In-Vehicle Service, R&R, Cleaning & Inspection; "Covers transmission assembly, dis-assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting." 4.88 MB pdf
Source: by Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) @ http://akpp.in.ua/files/program/FORD/C-6.pdf
this usually goes for $35.00
Can skip to page 51 and on for the TS Chart

MORE C6 LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=786

Vacuum Modulator (Ford describes it as da Diaphram)

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If its bad when you pull it off and tip it on end trans fluid will run out of the end away from the trans(diaphram is ruptured). Also with the engine running make sure you have good vacuum on the line at the mod. Very easy repair if necessary.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If its bad when you pull it off and tip it on end trans fluid will run out of the end away from the trans(diaphram is ruptured). Also with the engine running make sure you have good vacuum on the line at the mod. Very easy repair if necessary.
Yep just unbolt the one hold down, pull it out and put the new one in. mine let out alot of fluid when I did it right after i bought it. the guy overfilled the trans.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just replaced mine on my 83 C6, even after a transgo shift kit it still shifted into 3rd by 25mph.

go to napa order : ATP 14657

A/Trans Vacuum Modulator (Adjustable)
Product Line: NAPA Automatic Transmission Parts
Comments: w/ Black Stripe

Installed right out of the box it shifted more firm and at a proper rpm. 1-2 shift was 20mph...2-3 was at 30 I still wanted a little more so i turned the screw 2 turns in and it is exactly what I want. at WOT will shift at 4700 (which is what I feel safe for my engine) shifts are a little later than out of the box adjustment but my engine pulls better when its shifting around the 2500rpm range with light throttle

only $20 dollars

pull the hose off, unscrew the hold down bolt, pop it out, replace it. may loose a little fluid so be ready with the new one, or get a pan underneath it. watch out for the pin behind it, it may come out with it, just stick it back in with the modulator.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks alot.

I really need to make a build thread for my rig, I have dealt with every problem you can think of.

I will let you guys know how she shifts, after I finish rebuilding the carb, and passing emissions.

·
Super Moderator
26,988 Posts
yo MRFLIPPERS,
YW
GL and take many pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts