Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to do a wide ratio mod on my C6. Am I supposed to use AOD 1st and 2nd or E4OD planets? I understand I should look for the 6 gear planets.

What is the issue with the drum? I am supposed to get a deep one that will hold 5 clutches and steels I am thinking. Is this a special part or is there a designation for the part? Do I just refer to it as a deep drum when purchasing it? Is it AOD or E4OD?

I was hearing about using either a R servo or an F servo. Which is it and do I just ask for this at the tranny parts store?

What about the torringtons? I hear #9 is the one that gets all the load. Should I only do #9?

I also heard someone say to use softer springs in the valve body for 1-2 & 2-3. This helps it to shift right?

Does using softer springs eliminate the need for a shift kit?

I am looking for the most drop in friendly wide ratio mod I can do. I am not real tranny friendly , but, have been involved in a few rebuilds that went well. This is my first C6.

I do plan on running over 400 hp and at least that much torque. So along with the wide ratio stuff I need to beef it too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
its been a while since i tore into a c-6. but i think the e4od planets is what you use.
as far as modulators the "white band" modu. was adjustable, i think.
And the shift kit. i used a trans go kit that did good. but an old friend of mine showed me tricks in the valve body he did way back when but i would have to find my diagram. to give you an idea of my friends age to this day he will tell you he is a big block lincon man.

if im wrong on this stuff please correct me im a little rusty.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Yes E4OD 1st & 2nd gearsets there is a few other thing that need to be tweaked I am wanting to get back on mine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any ther comments or ideas would be appreciated.

Fomoco if find those diagrams post them up or take a pic and send it to my phone.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
I finally got around to gutting/harvesting the parts a while back there is a clearance issue on the low reverse set it is due to the fact that the E4OD uses a needle bearing in place of the old thrust washer. I want to put the correct output in for a np205 so I am at a stand still til that materializes.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Thread moved cause it is not a tech write up. Please post in the right sections/forums.:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts