Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ca. Smog legal 5.8 Edelbrock truck intake ?

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  /==0=\ 
#1 ·
I need to know if The Edelbrock 5.8 Truck intake manifold p/n 3881 and the BBK throttlebody p/n 3501 are california smog legal or not. The info ive gotten does not say either way- Everything bolts up perfectly using all of the stock ford stuff...

#3 ·
Just checked BBK and got the number, Smog guy says he wants to see a decal.... Edelbrock's website doesnt say anything that I could see but my wife called them and they are looking. This is CaliSmogScary cause that equipment is expensive !

#4 ·
Well ifn ya lived down here I could show ya a place to take it for smog. They passed my Bronco back when it was the biggest POS on the road and I don't even think anything was hooked up.

Glayd

#5 ·
ok.... the Edelbrock intake does not have a C.A.R.B. no. It does not require one. It is a stock replacement manifold but the smog guy did not know this. 2 guy's spent 30 min. EACH checking my Catco cat converter part numbers, My JBL headers, My freekin' Bassani Y-pipe, My BBK throttle body even though I gave him the c.a.r.b number on it, The MSD 6A ignition AND the MSD voltage spike surpressor !!! I feel like ive been through the mill today.....I'm not going to tell them that I got 1.7 ratio roller rockers..... The upside is that I passed and the HC's are only 12 and the CO's are 0.01 The NO's are 120. I assume that is good cause there is alot of room left on the graph thingie and I don't understand smog at all.

#8 ·
I am so, so glad that I don't have to deal with that crap. I think if I had to go through that crap I would be playing musical VIN plates with all my trucks...

#9 ·
I don't have a problem with breathing clean air, But when the people who make the rules don't have the education to do so that messes people up. Headers that have all the smog stuff on them but dont have a c.a.r.b. no. on them are illegal on paper only. If you took a pair of old headers and modified them to be smog legal that would probably be called tampering-

#10 ·
if it passed the test with flying colors who gives a rat's ass, and why waste all that taxpayers time looking for numbers?

#12 ·
my state doesn't even test vehicles that are OBD1 anymore. only 96 and newer.

no safety inspection except for business vehicles.<<this i kind of wish they did for everyone, there's some serious POS's on our roads.

#14 ·
In Maryland all you have to do is meet the sniffer requirements. How you do it is up to you. Last truck I ran through emmisions had no EGR or AIR just a single high flow cat and it passed cleaner than a stock truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.