Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
What exactly are you needing to limit? The mad TTB droop yo?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Blown said:

You wanna turn this into a pissing match? Lets measure travel and compare.
That's crazy sick :D

As for pissing, are you still grumpy 'cause you're unemployed or something? Sure, I'll piss on you but I'd rather do it in person, I think there could still be discrepancies in how we measure unless we're side-by side.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Blown said:
Not into golden showers, but I'm sure I can piss farther than you, wanna bet?
Hmm.........well that probably wouldn't prove anything. But I'll see if I can come up with an accurate way to measure wheel travel this weekend.......maybe, I've got lots of other things to do as well. What does the winner get? And do you have access to a ramp?

Blown said:
I had to chime in on the TTB post too.
I saw that. I didn't have to respond. You're entitled to your opinion ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Keith_L said:
That's crazy sick :D

As for pissing, are you still grumpy 'cause you're unemployed or something? Sure, I'll piss on you but I'd rather do it in person, I think there could still be discrepancies in how we measure unless we're side-by side.
ok zach.........:goodfinge :brownbag

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Blown said:
I suspect that with 6" springs and almost 16" of travel that the advantage of forced articulation in the solid is offset somewhat by the travel of the TTB. We tried this before and nobody followed up with good measurements. I suggest we measure at the tire.
what do you have that i don't that is giving you 4" more travel than i have? i have to see the pics of you measureing to believe this....

·
Registered
78 Posts
What did you do to get that much drop I currently run cut and bent ttb but I am thinking of going to 1 ton gear
Blown said:
:goodfinge Ya! Mad TTB droop or solid poop! If I did not limit the droop, it will droop to the point of the spring hanging by that little retainer at the top. If that goes then it's on to the bottom of the shock, breaky axel and driveline. My front shocks allow more droop than the spring can. I suppose your stuff is hanging by the shocks or leaf springs!

You wanna turn this into a pissing match? Lets measure travel and compare. I still have yet to get anyone with a solid to compare wheel travel with the TTB. I suspect that with 6" springs and almost 16" of travel that the advantage of forced articulation in the solid is offset somewhat by the travel of the TTB. We tried this before and nobody followed up with good measurements. I suggest we measure at the tire.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Personally I think you should run 2 straps per side for good control.

Maybe add a strap in the back off the trans-engine bolt.

Maybe you should go for crazy hard core and build a plate. weld it to the frame and bolt the engine to the frame solid. you'll get 8 more inches of front axle droop and shave 3 secodns off the 1/4mi time all in one mod :goodfinge

·
Registered
225 Posts
i put one tire on the hoist and raise it until the rear is ready to lift. i would post a pic if i could figure it out...
i got 27.5" floor-to-bottom of tire with my solid axle. :beer

1 - 20 of 51 Posts