Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am moving, I am bedating switching from Direct TV. Any thoughts and experiences appreciated. High Speed INternet is a MUST, and on DSL right now:banghead

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
why not get the best of both, DiecTv for TV, Cable modem for internet.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Comcast sucks teh bawls. You will definitely notice the drop in picture and service quality. OnDemand is nice, but I rarely used it, aside from the premium channels ondemand, because everything else on there is shit.

Verizon FiOS is where it's at... or going to be in the near future.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
Screw cable, go dish...either one...what of the reasons I went dish is now I can take the reciever and wire it up to a portable dish and have satelite even when camping....

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:stupid Those "customer service" assholes at commiecast are on my shit list, and they damn well know it.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I just dropped cable in favor of dish, I wish I'd done it sooner. Better picture, more channels and less money.

I'm wireless across the board, high speed wireless internet, Dish TV, and a cell phone. Haven't had a land line to my house in over 3 years--no need for one these days. Cell phones are the only way to fly.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
another vote for verizon FIOS, if it's available where you are going. i've had dish, cable, and now the FIOS. its high speed internet is faster than cable, digital picture is better than either dish or cable (i think it is compressed less), and it's cheaper to boot.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
I've had both DirectTV and Comcast as well as Comcast Broadband and QWest DSL Internet service.

Direct TV is better quality and more channel choices (unless you want to pay Comcast a Bazillion dollars for channels DirectTV includes in their package) but Comcast was cheaper with 8 TV's to hook up when all the kids were home.

Comcast Internet was slightly faster than QWest DSL when it was working and they continually told us it was our problem on our end. I finally told them to shove it up their A$$ and then they said "Well sir we can have a repairman out tomorrow to look at your system?" I told her they should have tried that 6 months ago! Plus our Qwest DSL is Price for life of $25 a month that is HALF what we were paying Comcast.

·
Registered
536 Posts
charter

we have charter tv and internet. its expensive but we have alot of stuff. i wouldnt get dish, its slow and cuts out in bad weather+ you need a phone line. if you have hd you can get an amplified antenna (like $50) and get all your local channels free and in hd, its pretty cool.

·
Registered
275 Posts
go direct tv. the problem with cable internet is that there will only be 1 cable in your neighborhood. if it is only you on it then it will be fast. but if more than 1 person has it they all splice into 1 line so it slows down alot. its ur choice. just look into the future and whats best

·
Registered
593 Posts
we have verizon fios, and its the best i've seen yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts