Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no, not a bronco, but thought i wopuld post some pics of a cage i did for $$ this weekend on the side. doen a few, but the more i do, they better they looked. he aproached me wanting a cage, as i dont advertize like some guys....
he wanted a cage to look comp style, be functional, full frame mounts, grab handles on the corners and dash, but didnt want oddball out of place bends, and wanted things to match side to side.
grab bars/front gussets kick in enough that you wont smash your hands on anything while holding them

he didnt want to loose any windshield so the top bar is jup slightly above the glass, and the dash bar i put just above the collum kicked out enough that it can be easily reached form the passanger seat to hold onto. also comes out enough that the dash can be unbolted and slid straight up for removal.

ody is fberglass, so i did the rear mounts like this

then the front mounts i went straight through the floor and again bushinged the frame mount

so what do you guys like and dont like. would like to know to see waht things i can change on the next one.

i know i did the work for way less $$ than i should have.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Nice work Zach...I woulda made the two center bars go to the rear coners, but that's just me..looks good..:thumbup

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yeah, and gusset it from the roof to the front and back downtubes. Looks like if it rolled or took a hard hit from the side it could parallelagram it because its only the welds and the end of the tube are taking all the weight in a shear force. If it was gusseted with a small section of tube it would make it stronger in a side impact situation because the welds would be mostly exposed to a compression or pulling force and the tube itself would be the part trying to resist the bending.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts