Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have problems with cage springs? My passenger side front coil lost its tension. Im sagging over 2 inches just on that spring and can move the truck up and down with almost no force another 4 inches or so. It drives like a wet noodle down the road. This all happened on Sunday and it was a sudden thing. Its really weird and I have never seen this before so I figured I'd ask. Already got new springs but I'm still curious.

·
RBV Abuser, F/S user
747 Posts
I have had springs "dump" on me like that, but they weren't any particular brand. What happened in my case was that the spring had been cycled from one extreme to the other, mostly on compression, that they simply failed, and let the truck drop. The springs weren't distorted, bent, or broken, but fatigued to the point that I could actually push down on one and it would collapse to the point of almost coilbound. This was on a Ranger, for reference.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was looking for. Thankyou!

I just wasn't sure if this had happened to anyone else. I flex them out all the time so its not a huge shock it was just interesting that it happened all of the sudden while driving down the highway. It was like someone flipped a switch or something. I thought I had a blow out or something

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Never seen it happen.. I did have my truck drop about 4" on the passanger about 4 years ago. Course, the superflex coil spring snapped in half :) OPPS...

·
89 Problems
2,554 Posts
o_O y'all are scaring me here! never even heard of that happening before. that's nuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts