Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Bronco is located in Harbor Pines California which is next to Torrance and San Pedro the closest freeway off ramp is PCH and the 110.

Detailed video available later today.

Clean Carfax.

Pickup only. Thank you.

Ken

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo 1992bronco1,
Is the mileage at 212 +k miles? (Bad vision here)

What was the shiny item on door rocker panels?

Is red light on instrument panel for a warning light, or 4x4, etc.?

What size & brand lift?

Any defects other than what you apparently pointed out? For example see recent Broncos For Sale,e posts @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/41-broncos-sale-75-posts-required-post/507466-1985-bronco-351w-ho-1986-project.html I'm sure you will be asked by potential buyers.

Looks very good! Good luck!
Al

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your complements. The mileage appears to be correct according to published data. It's possible that the engine and transmission has never been subjected to 100 percent power which is the fountain of youth, engine wise.

The original owner sold it to my seller in 08 and he drove it 800 miles in eight years. It was part of his car collection. I bought it primarily because he never changed the plugs and neither have I. The plugs appear to be quite old and have plenty of patina which is a sure indication that the engine has good even compression and has most likely not been overheated.

There are tiny bubbles in the paint behind the doors in the same location right to left at eye level the cause of which threw me given the quality of the single stage paint job. The paint was dull and oxidized when I purchased the bronco in July of 16 and I started to restore the paint about three months ago. The results of paint thickness using a eddy current material thickness gauge tool ruled out a color sanding exercise so I created a process to restore the paint. It must be PPG paint because of the stability of the color and it's resistance to heat and friction.

Last night I discovered that my bronco has no factory gap in the sail panels forward of the removable top! A solution might be XLT emblems or otherwise a Ford emblem that looks correct to cover the paint defects.

There is not one ding underneath and the transfer case shifter was locked up with corrosion. A month of trans fluid and acetone soak restored the shifter to like new tightness which leads me to believe that the 4 wheel drive has never been used or used very seldom.

Old guys like me owned it and cared for it like gentlemen should. True we didn't have fun like the young guns jumping the bronco off of dirt berms with screaming girls waving out the windows but that's okay.

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo Ken,
Thanks!

Can you estimate the suspension lift size in inches?

I deleted your post with phone number to avoids bots/ robot calls.

Al

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were about four 18 gauge wires behind the dash panel attached to the red light and green switch and hangers for fog lights switched by a relay.

I terminated the connections and preserved the light switch scheme for re connection if desired.

There is a four inch block under there. I'll produce a chassis video for clarification.

The engine oil pan transmission and transfer case are bone dry and unmolested and the transmission pan has never been removed and the fluid is bright red.

I upgraded the battery cables to mil spec and notice that a hot and ground auxiliary cables are crimped into the battery terminals to isolate a high amperage device such as lights or sound amplifiers from the chassis grounds.

I repainted the grille and detailed the light package because the video alerted me to a sub standard appearance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I restored the grille and added fog lights to the hangers under the bumper and did other small improvements.

A new improved video will be posted later today displaying the undercarriage in detail.

I'm dropping the price to 13.500 obo

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the bronco does not sell this week I might keep it and sell the 69 mustang.

The mustang is a 1 minus condition car and it's too nice to drive and if the engine blows I don't have the time to rebuild it and parts are almost impossible to come by. It has become a burden which was the reason my seller sold it to me. 20K in parts and 200 hours is a risk that no longer makes sense to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mic picks up normal belt frequency's and multiplies the sound and makes the engine sound like doo doo.

I don't have editing programs so a new video forthcoming

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I guess this sold, or???? I was interested.
Yes it is still for sale. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I took her to another level, detail wise and as my reward she blew out the RABS valve and developed a small exhaust leak. Let me know if you are still interested. Here are some recent pictures. Ken
20191214_161437.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry guys I was off the radar, Bronco wise. It's still for sale and I need to sell it, I can't stop working on it it. I detailed it to another level and this morning the side moldings are being restored. Here are some recent pictures. Regards, Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pick up cash only.
Clear AZ title Bronco located in the Los Angeles Area.
Original delivery in Barstow Ca.
CA Smog equipment is complete and functioning as far as I can tell. Buyer responsible for smog if California registration desired.
Suspension tight drives nice.
No oil smoke or noises on startup and did not burn any oil on my maiden voyage from AZ to LA 3 years ago, 350 miles. I have driven it a total of approx 500 miles and my seller drove it approx 800 miles since he bought it from the original Barstow owner in 2010 with about 210K miles.
No axle bearing or other weird noises. This Bronco rattles my teeth over hard bumps which is likely normal with the tires and 4 inch lift and shocks, no steering wheel bump.
The engine pulls like a mule when entering the freeway at 3/4 throttle so based on the 33 inch tires the engine must be at or near it's 200/300 power rating.
4 wheel drive seldom used original tight driveshafts and transfer case shifter. 4 by 4 lights work in dash.
zero rust anywhere. No undercarriage rock strikes or any other damage or abuse evident.
I've been unable to find exact axle code but an "L" is in axle tag code which indicates limited slip. With one wheel off pavement it won't turn with the parking brake off and the transmission in neutral so I assume the limited slip clutches are good.

Needs sorted. Here are the issues that I'm aware of.

Fuel gauge pegged on full.
VSS and/or cluster buggy speedometer jumps over 52 MPH and cruise control surges. After battery disconnected transmission shifts perfectly until speedometer starts to bounce then transmission starts searching 3rd and OD.
As far as I can tell original 351 W engine and A4OD transmission. Spark plugs and wires appear to be original. Has slight tick which is known issue with the 351 W with regard to the exhaust manifolds leaking.
My seller installed a new AC compressor and the AC blew cold on my maiden voyage now the compressor won't activate. The compressor turns by hand and no leaks are evident so wiring and or AC module defective. Heater and defrost works good.
Drivers door brake not working and interior lights work with the passenger door only.

Known issues with these Ford F150 and Bronco trucks that I corrected.

Rear window works with key or switch and I lubricated drivers and passenger and rear window mechanisms and power door locks.
Ignition switch and tilt column and steering wheel bearing smooth and tight.

Thank You.

Ken

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts