Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this isn't really a "tech write up" but i just thought that i'd post the link to the homepage for the California SVRAs. there are links in there for Oceano, Hollister, Prarie City, Hungry Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and Carnegie. some pretty good info, as well as directions and maps:thumbup

CLICKY

·
Registered
261 Posts
:thumbup Thanks for posting this link Andy351. Being in San Diego I get to play with all the pre-runners that run out to Ocotillo..but having maps and trail ratings to browse at is great.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
plug ugly said:
so are you saying that our frined andy rides the short bus to school? Should his nickname be Corky instead of andy351??
i never rode the bus, i carpooled
i even gone to one of them pfancy private schools:brownbag

J-Roc, i know its not complete, but its the "official page":shrug

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Whats up with Ocotillo Wells? Those who have been weigh in. I would like to go camping out there, but driving on "Primitive Roads" doesn't sound like it requires 4-wheel drive.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Vaporized'95Rig said:
Whats up with Ocotillo Wells? Those who have been weigh in. I would like to go camping out there, but driving on "Primitive Roads" doesn't sound like it requires 4-wheel drive.
There is some awesome wheeling at OW, but you have to look for it. It's in the desert, and by now it's stupid hot out there. Last August we went on a night run to OW, and at 1 AM it was 103 degrees. Summer is a bad time to go wheeling there.

During the winter wheeling season (late Oct. to late Apr/Mid May) there are LOTS of dirt bikes, quads and buggies, so it's very noisy. If you're looking for quiet camping or wheeling, this is not the place. However, the camping is decent, and there are a couple of gas stations and burger joints very close by.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
OW has some pretty cool mud hills and hard packed dirt trails. There are some challenging trails there. My dad broke a front leaf spring there and there is also a good mixture of sand too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
shasta orv

there is a pretty nice orv park by the shasta dam-currently fighting over possible road closures,but still some good trails

·
Registered
279 Posts
OW is very nice place in the winter. After the rain when the river beds have water n mud in em its a great place to haul some ass & play pre runner. Overall the place is pretty flat & I wouldn't hang there in the summer. Makes a good day trip & afterwards you can get your grub on in Julian. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yah I live in los altos in the bay area hollister hills are pretty good if your looking for mud and some hills...anybody know any other places in the bay area?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts