Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FSM Lifetime
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Over the Summer I'm taking a trip to San Fransico with my girlfriend's family and I wanted to ask some of you guys who know the area what are the "must do's/sees." Currently we plan on seeing the Golden Gate Bridge, Alktraz, the Fisherman's Wharf, the local landscapes like the coast and places inland, and Chinatown. I was wondering what else you guys would recommend?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If you drop your wallet, don't bend over to pick it up.

On a serious note, go to Chinatown.

Best Chinese food I ever had.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If you drop your wallet, don't bend over to pick it up.
:lolup

Drive over to Clements/Lockeford, via Lodi and see all of the Orchards, and vineyards there and get you some fresh fruit. They have a spot I like there at HWY 88 and 12 that makes killer pies, and grinders called Clements Ridge. They have wine tasting there too if you're into that. You can got to Jackson while you are there too, and see Sutters Mill I understand.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Take a trip to Napa and do Wine tour like 60 miles from San Fran? Highly recommend this, Beringer wine tour is one of the best, great atmosphere and cave tour, and great wine as well. They have a bunch all along one street. I'm sure they will have a guided bus tour leaving from san fran to go to many wineries then home. Good fun

How about a beer tour, some real good beers are made here, Lagunitas Brewing Company in Petaluma 35 miles No., Russian River brewery makes a beer called Pliny the Elder, great stuff. They serve a platter of their beers like a 10 beer sampler, you will need a driver about 60 miles no. When they make the limited Piny the jr they actually have people sleeping in tents to get it.

Watch the hand gliders on the coast behind the zoo, crazy fun to watch because it is very windy.

California Academy of Sciences and san fran aquarium is a great day, fine art museum. They have a new cool star show at the whatever you call it, planetarium thingy, all in the same place close to golden gate park. Girls love the tea gardens, right across the street.

exploratoratorium is one of my favorite.

Eating, I say avoid the Chinese food, it is hit and miss and usually blows. I have 14 members of my family that live in SF and whenever we go I come close to puken, they always want to go eat that chit. A lot of good restaurants are near Att park, a lot of great burger joints and good ol American food. Right on the water with views of the bay bride. You find good food on the Peir as well. Good eats right over the bridge in sausalilto as well.

If you go north there is the best fawking burrito around only 5 miles past suasalito, shredded beef with black beans and buy extra hot salsa at a place called Lucindas, take the first right and then left to parallel the freeway, right next to strawberry village shopping center in mill valley. If you miss the turn just take the next turn and go back. It is a to go place and I've been loyal to that place ever time I pass it since 1984. I actually go there from now on and get a burrito and take it to whatever chithole we are eating at. I don't care anymore, I can't stand the Chinese food, fawking octopus, shrimp cakes, and they serve the worst fried chicken as well, makes me want to yack just thinking about it.

yeah gold tours are real cool, sutter mill, silver lake camp, but those are a vacations all on themselves, rent a cabin it is a very cool vaca. River rat is a cool day, you rent a raft no of sacramento and spend the day drifting and partying, cool beaches all the way down, they bus you back to your car, gives you time to sober up.

Have fun, it is warm a little north, we are having a little pool party today in about an hour, 75 degrees and sunny. Usually need a jacket in san Fran, but it is nice right now as well. Even in summer it is a good idea to bring a jacket in san fran.

·
FSM Lifetime
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some great recommendations so far guys, the hand glider viewing and Chinatown are definetly on the list now. :thumbup The same with checking the fresh fruit. And we're going to try and see a game while we're their so we'll be eating at one of the places near the stadium as well.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I don't know how far north you want to go but the Avenue of the Giants is a good tourist trap. I'm usually not really in to things like that but after passing through there and checking it out I'm glad I made the little sidetrip. Stop in at the trees of the Mystery Forrest Park and walk the trails and ride the gondola. It was an awesome thing to see. One thing there that was hard to believe was the 1500 year old tree that fell and another 1500 year old tree was growing over the top of it. That tree on the ground has been there for 1500 years and it looks like it just fell yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The aquarium in Monterrey is cool, so is cannery row and the wharf where you can get awesome clam chowder in a bread bowl.
Big Sur is nice too

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Burly , Broncojoe....... you do not want to watch the "hand gliders" You mean the HanG Gliders. HanD gliders will get you put in jail....

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The Jelly Belly Factory, and that road that is really steep in all of the old movies shot in San Francisco.

·
I did done broke it
2,276 Posts
See if a Bronco can make it down the windy road in San Fran

Then after that you and a buddy can rent a Mustang and a Charger, you know what to do...

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
My late mom's favorite city was San Francisco; She and Aunt Terrie (who were friends long before Mom married Dad) used to go to Grotto 9 on the wharf, and Mom would take other visiting friends to the Ghiradelli chocolate factory and a ride on the cable cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts