Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 1993 f150 with a 351 cleveland and im wantin to put a new cam in for more torque and better fuel mileage.
Im looking at one of these 2 a comp high energy 252H or a comp high energy 268H.

The 252 is designed for torque, mileage and smooth idle where as the 268H is designed for torque and noticable idle and im assuming some mileage increase? Somebody correct me if im wrong.

My ? is which one would be better, im also installing roller rockers and new pushrods.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Ive got a 1993 f150 with a 351 cleveland and im wantin to put a new cam in for more torque and better fuel mileage.
:scratchhe

Um...put the factory Windsor back in its place?

Also, what's an F150? :scratchhe

Just a general FYI, a "noticeable" cam isn't going to give you better fuel economy. If anything, it's made for higher-speed operation, due to longer-duration and different timing events, and will likely decrease fuel economy.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
A factory setup should be able to get in the range of 10-14 city, and 14-17 highway, dependent upon many variables.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cleveland was put in prior to me. I have a fresh built 351w settin in my shop that i could swap in a weekend. yea the money was spent to convert it.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
The cleveland was put in prior to me. I have a fresh built 351w settin in my shop that i could swap in a weekend. yea the money was spent to convert it.
So it's EFI?

Do you have a picture of it?

I would love to see an EFI Cleavland.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
so there is a cleveland in there? What trans? does it have EFI on it?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
how many valve cover bolts you have?
what trans you have?
does it have EFI?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
no pics. all i know is guy told me that its a 351c efi
I think "guy" is full of it until I see some pics of this engine (not implying YOU are full of it, fordfreak).

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
got a camera phone? you can send me a picture there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts