Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Camaro Concept was released today at the Auto Show.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/

Be interesting to see when it comes out. I think it looks alright, but the new Challenger is gonna clean it's plow. :toothless

And HA! I told you boys the concept was coming. I can't remember what platform, they're using, but there is a RWD platform for it and it will be released unless GM goes belly up by then.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Trying to make the camaro look like a Mustang or what? I think its kinda ugly.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
And HA! I told you boys the concept was coming. I can't remember what platform, they're using, but there is a RWD platform for it and it will be released unless GM goes belly up by then.

Did someone really think a concept camaro wasnt coming out?

Idiots.

I dont like the look of it. Maybe once it gets refined some more, I'll change my mind.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The camaro has always been a Mustang wannabe.

Especially when Chevy realized they missed a niche.

Twice now.

Does it come with a free mullet? How about a chain steering wheel? I'll bet it's not sweet.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
4sd4d said:
Does it come with a free mullet? How about a chain steering wheel? I'll bet it's not sweet.
no, just a pregnant teen girlfriend :toothless

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
alright now, i am a happy mullet wearing , camaro owner, who think this camaro might be pretty sweet. it is going to be based off of the buick rwd if i remember right. The buick is going to get a sportier look to aim at younger adults. As for power and such i don't know yet but i hope they put out some decent ones. that ls7 looks sweet. but what ever the corvette gets the camaro is going to get. so look out!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
derrick36 said:
Did someone really think a concept camaro wasnt coming out?
Yeah, in that Challenger thread, SixLitre said it would never happen.

Yeah, the debate saying it's a concept and will never make it to production will be there, but would Chevrolet put it on their home page if they didn't have high hopes for it?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
PaulT said:
no, just a pregnant teen girlfriend :toothless
And a pressure washer, and GED info pamphlets.

It looks pretty good. I can see the resemblence to the older models....especially in the rear. It'll probably be given a more classic touch before release.

brad

·
Registered
248 Posts
They will never put it in production anyway.
here's another shot........

I've always loved Camaros, and still own a Classic '68 SS, but it looks like GM just made yet another ugly piece of crap.

They were working on another concept that had a more "retro" look.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
jimsl78 said:
They will never put it in production anyway.

I've always loved Camaros, and still own a Classic '68 SS, but it looks like GM just made yet another ugly piece of crap.

They were working on another concept that had a more "retro" look.

These pics of the concept Camaro look far more appealling than the one shown in the intro of this thread. My question is the drive train. Im curious to see what engine-tranny-differential they plan to utilize.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Stiffler said:
These pics of the concept Camaro look far more appealling than the one shown in the intro of this thread. My question is the drive train. Im curious to see what engine-tranny-differential they plan to utilize.
:stupid, they at least resemble a camaro.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
The front is ugly. It is a CONCEPT too. Not many concepts reach the street as shown at auto shows or even reach the streets period. They will be getting a 6.0+ block in it...but if they make it like a GTO, just heavy as hell, it will be slow. If the price is anywhere near $30-35K it won't sell just like the GTO. By 07 it may be too late as well, the Mustang has an incredible hold on the market, and you can't beat 300 hp in a 25k car. I don't see this car selling too well if it makes it past concept.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Holy shit :shocked , that is one of the ugliest concepts I have ever seen. Looks like they took the new Mustang and did the typical Chevy fawk ups they call styling, to the EXTREME.

The concept is so EXTREME that the pics make the loading sign SHAKE!!!!!!!!! Damn, even the site is ugly and tasteless.

Dumbass Chevy Site said:
Long hood, short deck and a wide stance make it unmastakably a Chevy performance car.
WTF, that describes just about ever "performance" car ever built. Hell, it pretty much describes my Bronco, thats definatly not a Chevy performance car :histerica

I like the concept up above, much less EXTREME and more elegant and curvy.

What will they think of next? :banghead

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I like the Camero and Corvette!

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i liked both the red concept ones on this page..... but don't like the grille at all on the yellow one..... would like to see te camaro and firebird come back though

something like this with more of a retro camaro like roof line would rock and recess the headlights back a little...wind tunnel permitting

·
Registered
248 Posts
xbigbronco said:
Its a chevy... probably a left over 350 block.... wanna be mustang..
I was never loyal to any "one brand" and currently have two GM, one Chrysler and a Ford.
Today, the Mustang is hands down the best value in a modern "Muscle Car" , but at the time of the Camaros demise, it was the at the zenith of it's technical development and when ordered with an available factory performance package, it was second only to the Vette in power and handling.
This new concept would look better if it didn't have that Caddy CTS grill.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts