Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just put a 2.5 inch lift on my bronco, which ended up netting like 5.5" of lift becuase of front end sag, my question is when ever i have drivn forward the camber if off like so \---/, but after backing up some it goes back to how it should be [---] i cant figure out why it is doin it, i check all the bolts and none of them have moved. The place i got it and the manufacturer said i didnt need a drop pitman arm, so i was thinking it may be related to the steering, but i cant belive the tie rods would be able to pull on the suspention like that. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
something i forgot in my responce, are those new bushings that replace the pivot bushings? or do they go somewhere else? cause i bought new pivot bushings by energy suspention, they dont looke like they would be adjustable

·
huh
7,196 Posts
its a little metal bushing with an offset hole that you turn so you can adjust the tires from \----/ to this [----]

they go on the upper balljoint.. try calling up an alignment shop to see if they have them..
4 wheel parts has them or any other big 4x store should have them.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Andy351 said:
the tie rods will affect the toe, not the camber.

like the others said. you need camber adjustment bushings, it should solve your problems.
The toe affects the camber in a huge way, dude! If you don't believe me, try driving with a bent tie rod.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Dustball said:
The toe affects the camber in a huge way, dude! If you don't believe me, try driving with a bent tie rod.
not trying to start something, but wouldn't a bent tie rod just pull one tire in? how does it affect the camber, i'm not following you

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also.. did you just add new coils or did you also replace the drop down brackets.

I got new brackets also, they have a cam adujsting bolt that can change the hieght of the pivot point. and does the adjusting bushing you guys are tlkaing about replace the upper ball joint? or is it just and add on?

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Andy351 said:
not trying to start something, but wouldn't a bent tie rod just pull one tire in? how does it affect the camber, i'm not following you
It pulls the tires closer together. When driving forward, the tires want to roll towards each other and forces the suspension to rise causing the tires to camber out. When backing up, it does the opposite and the tires want to roll away from each other forcing the suspension to squat and camber to go in. Why do you think the camber changes every time you back up then drive forwards on a stock TTB truck?

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you can make sure your toe is close to what it was. When i did the lift to mine the toe was 3 1/2 inches off and it caused the tires camber to be way off \--/. I know it dosent sound right but after i got it to with in a 1/8 of an inch my wheels where just a little like this /--\.
If you think about it if the front of the tires are pointed in when you drive they will cause the tires to pull in lifting the front like if you were to jack up the front by the bumper. it dosent take that much of a change to change the camber. May not sound right but that is all i did to mine and it straightend it out. after you make the adjustments make sure to drive the vehicle around a little to give the suspension a chance to settle. JMO tom

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to the alignment shop today, i asked about if i needed new bushings, they said the would try with out but it was off pretty bad, so they thought it would require new ones. thanks for all the info, ive been trying to post pics of every thing but i cant figure out how, do you just cut and paste?

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
when I installed my 6" lift the camber was WAAAAAY outta wack .. I had purchased camber adjustment bushings and didn't even need them ..... adjusted the tie rods and all was good to go :thumbup

All those bushings do is make it easier to make adjustments that are needed in the future a little easier :shrug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts