Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you buy camber & caster kits separately? I'm replacing ball joints (I did one side 6 mos ago and now doing the other side). When I replaced the first side, I inquired about a kit to install (I assume it installs onto the top of the upper joint, correct?) they searched and couldn't find a kit or really anything as I recall. I bought the "standard" joints from Bronco Grave Yard, I believe they're Spicer?

When I had an alignment done about a year ago, one side was just barely out of spec so I'm just thinking it would be cheaper to buy it now and be done with it than to have to have the shop tear it apart and install it.

Is that sound logic? Any place I can get one of these kits?

Thanks,
Biederboat

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The alignment shop installed mine when they did the alignment. I am assuming it had to be installed by them, in order to align my Bronco. It is just two big spacers that sit on top of the upper ball joint. IIRC, they said it needed to be done to correct my sagging springs. :shrug That is about all I know about the subject. I wish I had the money then to buy new springs, with a slight lift, and a couple hundred more bucks to buy bigger tires to go with the lift.

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
I think you can put them in yourself.
From what i understand, dont quote me, and correct me if im wrong...

The bushings sit on top of the upper ball joints. To correct the caster/camber, they twist them one way or another?
Im pretty sure you can by them at my parts stores as cater camber bushings or alignment bushings

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
The alignment shop usually stocks them up to around 2.75 deg. I think 3.5 is the max and they usually have to order them. I got an adjustable kit (pair) from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard for $50 and they were made by Superlift part# 33520.....if you put them in yourself put some anti-seize on them and don't pound them in all the way. That way it's easier for the shop to loosen them up to adjust them & won't charge you extra. You'll save yourself a ton just putting them in before you get it aligned, assuming you need them at all! :thumbup -Kevin-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts