Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
Looks like a wrap to me. Just make sure your trucks CLEAN before you try putting that stuff on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used one of their kits (camoclad) on my old duck boat. It worked well, given that it is a peel and stick type application. The vehicle definitely needs to be clean and you need to go slow and push all the bubbles out with a roller or similar tool. Make sure you get good adhesion on the edges. Also, I would suggest you have help when doing it to make sure you keep the edge straight since it stinks to have to pull it back and start again over and over.

The only 2 things I will say is:

1) depending on how much you are going to use, it can be expensive. Just on the 18 foot duck boat, it ended up costing about $800 with shipping ,etc. to get full coverage. I have since bought 2 different duck boats and had both of them actually camo painted instead. The paint jobs were only about $100 more than the vinyl in one case and cheaper than the vinyl in another. In my opinion, it looks a ton better plus it has better coverage. Not sure how that would translate to painting a FSB though since the boat did not have windows, etc. to tape off.

2) Have you looked at a fully camo vehicle to make sure you like the look? The reason I ask is my buddy "Rhinolined" his entire F250 army green so he could run it anywhere without worrying about scratches, etc since it is also his daily driver - but he hates the way it looks and obviously it would not be cheap to undo. And while I like the way the boats looked and they needed the camo so I could use them as a floating blind, most of the vehicles I have seen that are fully camo don't look as good as I would have thought. I mean, the trucks look great in pictures, sitting in the woods, you, your gun, your dog, the days take in your lap. But they look a little strange in a parking lot if you have to drive it daily.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts