Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, I searched and nobody has any pics of their trucks with camoclad or goes into detail about the fit and finish process, unless I missed something...

Seems like a cool alternative though. Spraying on camo with 20 cans seems a bit labor intensive and painful and I would rather go the Johnny Dangerously route, but not with shelf paper!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Have you tried there website?

Plenty of install pictures, even a Bronco. There is also a how-to video.

http://camoclad.com/

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I knew dude had he's truck done up in it.
It was pretty cool, but not worth the price IMHO.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
looks cool, but i dont like the price. i plan on painting my 92 camo but not going to spend gobs of money to acheive the look. its hunter green from the factory, but i want it completely camo. i dont want to use the rattle can paint job either, there is a link buried here on FSB, you can get military paint in non aresole cans. you would need all the tools for spraying it on. i plan on this route of paint job in the future.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Applying that much vinyl and making it look good would be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have full Camoclad on my 1990, and have had it on for 3 years. I can post a picture if you want to see. I did the wrap myself over the course of 3 weekends. I would definitely recommend the product, but it does have limitations.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
x's 2. what are the limitations?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
just checked out the link. would have liked to see the new pixle paterns the army is using and not all that "gucciflage" stuff.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have full Camoclad on my 1990, and have had it on for 3 years. I can post a picture if you want to see. I did the wrap myself over the course of 3 weekends. I would definitely recommend the product, but it does have limitations.
Pic please! What are the limitations? Are the overlaps really noticeable? I found a full kit for $775 But I could probably do a rattlecan camo job for about 100. I just think camoclad looks cool and makes the truck look new.

Also, I found this site on painting ammo cans that should work...scroll down to the bottom for pics and the method. Cedar branches look cool and can be easily layed against the truck and on the hood then spray stripes with 2 other colors.

Attachments

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
vynaling a car isnt realy that bid ive done 3 racecars by my self last season and im doing 2 more this season as soon as we finish deciding what the guys want to use

heres pictures of the 3

color change vynal, this one was kinda hard had to get the vynal to line up well so it would change colors right i did, took about 15-18 hours total to get it right, not hard just had lots of detail pieces

this one was pretty easy took me about 10 hours over 2 days to do

this one is my favorite, what we did was took pictures of the car with out the body pannels on it and then loaded them on a templet on the computer and printed out the vynals, it is amazingly cool to see in person, and one of the fan favorites at the track

ill have to get more pics of the last one for you guys

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vynaling a car isnt realy that bid ive done 3 racecars by my self last season and im doing 2 more this season as soon as we finish deciding what the guys want to use

heres pictures of the 3

color change vynal, this one was kinda hard had to get the vynal to line up well so it would change colors right i did, took about 15-18 hours total to get it right, not hard just had lots of detail pieces

this one was pretty easy took me about 10 hours over 2 days to do

this one is my favorite, what we did was took pictures of the car with out the body pannels on it and then loaded them on a templet on the computer and printed out the vynals, it is amazingly cool to see in person, and one of the fan favorites at the track

ill have to get more pics of the last one for you guys

Pics didn't work? Or is it just me?

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
hum
they were working fine a little while ago
leme see if i can fix em

EDIT: i guess you cant hot link them when there hosted with picasa since it goes streight to dl when u put the web address in ur browser GAY

uploaded on photobucket, if u want hi res shot leme know ill try and upload

and i have some more pictures on my comp somewhere of the 15 car ill try and find em

1 - 20 of 26 Posts