Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the the forward seal on the camper top, but I didn't get it back on correctly, so I peeled it back off and decided to start over. I think I used too much adhesive (one of many mistakes...) and now I'm having a hard time removing the old glue from the top (it's 3M Super Weatherstrip).

I've tried Goo-Gone, acetone, Xylon and 3M Adhesive Remover and have resorted to softening it up with Goo-Gone and scraping it with a razor blade. In the process, I've nicked the paint on the top where the seal goes. There is a lot of white showing.

Do I need to spray some paint on these areas? Or is it fine without repainting? I'm not too concerned with how it looks.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
IT IS NOT A CAMPER SHELL! :smilie_slap:smilie_slap:smilie_slap:smilie_slap:

Anyway, it's just fiberglass. It will be fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just pulling your chain a little, Andrew. Thanks for the reply. I won't sweat the paint.

PD

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
The top has the color inpregnated under layers of gel coat so you should be fine, depending on how deep you dug. I hazed my top with a UV protectant & the body shop said the color is down deep & I could actually "lightly" sand the haze away & wax it without touching or damaging the color what-so-ever.....of course the "texture" may disappear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts