Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to hear this:

I had THIS camshaft, and put in THAT camshaft, and I would describe the difference like ........I like or dislike ....

I've just never seen a personal testimony thread on the subject. Cam threads usually get derailed on technical argument or somebody trying to sound smart.

I've never cammed a truck before. I did however put a Comp Cam 280 Mag in a 66 fastback mustang with a 10:1 289 and it went from pretty fun to burning the freajkin tires off whenever I wanted. I loved it! It screamed like a raped ape [whatever that sounds like] and I raced the crap out of it every time I got in it. Totally changed the car. A tree fell on it in a windstorm one year...really sucked.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i have the comp cams 35-255-5 cam in my 91...just did a 351 swap and did the cam...i cant tell you how much of a difference i felt...32's and 3.55's w/ a slipping trac loc doesnt always light up the tires when its dry...it definatly has more balls then my 302 by a mile...
i can compare the cam to stock because i never drove a 351w bronco stokc...sorry...
the truck is gonna get dynoed soon...we can compare #'s w/ stock specs

dc

BTW the comp cams cam had the biggest lift out of all of the speed density cams avialable...i must say i was looking for a more rough idle out of it...

my opinion...if you wanna cam the truckl...convert to mass air and then put a bad ass cam in it

dc

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
kinda hard for me to tell ya. I went from the stock 351m and stock cam runing on about 5 cyclinders with flat cam lobes to a fresh 400 and a decent cam. total day and night difference.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Hell, I'd like to hear about a side-by-side comparison of a factory-equipped 351W versus one with a 35-255-5, the camshaft being the ONLY difference. I'm kinda thinking about upgrading, but I need some motivation. Going from a 0.440-in lift to one with a split 0.478/0.485 doesn't seem like it'd be worth it, especially if it'd cost a lot more in mileage and low-end power.

Also contemplating a full roller upgrade 'cuz I have a F4TE block. :D:D:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts