Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 XLT has the module under the dash that you can jump and program remotes. My friends 96 XLT doesn't have that module. Is that something that can be added? His truck won't go into remote program mode by the ignition either.. So my question is ... since his truck doesn't have the module, it can't be programmed to use a Ford remote? I turned the ignition on and off 8 times in under 10 secs and the doors didn't lock/unlock.

thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When i bought my XLT it did not have any fobs but it had power locks and windows so i decided to just get an aftermarket remote starter

as long as it has power locks you can add a cheap aftermarket fob, which to be honest would be better than the 20 yr old factory fobs

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has anyone been able to program there bronco with power windows and locks with an aftermarket key fob and no additional parts installed?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
When i bought my XLT it did not have any fobs but it had power locks and windows so i decided to just get an aftermarket remote starter

as long as it has power locks you can add a cheap aftermarket fob, which to be honest would be better than the 20 yr old factory fobs
Not true. Factory keyless entry Systems are much more durable and better quality than aftermarket.
Has anyone been able to program there bronco with power windows and locks with an aftermarket key fob and no additional parts installed?
If your truck was factory equipped with keyless entry then yes you can.

My 96 XLT has the module under the dash that you can jump and program remotes. My friends 96 XLT doesn't have that module. Is that something that can be added? His truck won't go into remote program mode by the ignition either.. So my question is ... since his truck doesn't have the module, it can't be programmed to use a Ford remote? I turned the ignition on and off 8 times in under 10 secs and the doors didn't lock/unlock.

thanks.
It won't work without that module. As the name implies, the Keyless entry module controls keyless entry. If he has power windows and locks then I would think He should have the module though I'm not shure. If it's not there it was either removed or never had one. look for some loose plugs and an antennae wire near where the module goes. It's possible it may have failed and been removed by a PO.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look for some loose plugs and an antennae wire near where the module goes. It's possible it may have failed and been removed by a PO.
everything looks stock.. nothing hanging or loose. Thanks for your input. I still would love to know if I can just easily hook up a module.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
everything looks stock.. nothing hanging or loose. Thanks for your imput. I still would love to know if I can just easily hook up a module.
Does it have power locks? Steve83 spliced a factory RKE system into his 93s harness but it was a very involved process.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it have power locks? Steve83 spliced a factory RKE system into his 93s harness but it was a very involved process.
yes power windows, door locks and mirrors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay, sorry to get sideways on that.

Of my three 94/95 Bronc/F150, the only one that doesnt have the keyless remote is the Red & White Bronco, which I had way too much fun with the dash wiring on this summer. The relevant point is that there wasn't existing wiring/connectors on the harness ready for the Ford keyless module. As Pfun mentions, Steve83 did a write up on that, possibly it is on his Superford pages.

I put into the 'more fun than I want to mess with category', your mileage may vary. :)

I've no experience with an aftermarket unit.

Nick

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
This is a diagram I made to show how to connect a simple PL remote system, or additional switch:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/898399
:rolleyes: There's a slight difference...If the truck doesn't have factory RKE, then there's nothing to receive a remote signal; original or aftermarket. If the truck DOES have the system, then yes: there are some aftermarket remotes that will work with it. Just search eBay.Factory RKE was only offered in these trucks from '94-96, and it was optional. Many trucks were built with PW/PL, but w/o RKE.
I remembered after I wrote it that they didn't get RKE until 94. I wasn't shure about 94-96 models not having the RKE module. I thought I read that the locks were wired straight to the module.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Steve for the quick and precise answer.. I will let my friend know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts