Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I grind or cut a bit off my rear leaf spring without any adverse affects? My bottom spring is nicking my exhaust when the wheel compresses and I want to take a 1/4 inch off it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really an option to move the exhaust, I'm already a half inch or less from my gas tank skid plate and it's nicking at the 90 bend so I'd have to cut it and add a piece to extend it.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Don't grind, Move the exhaust.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i guess if it was at the end of a leaf, and not the main leaf it might be ok....but i wouldn't do it.

Many people here have aftermarket exhuast with no problems. Maybe look at some other users broncos and figure out what is off on yours

·
Registered
345 Posts
move the exhaust x3. or move the tank up an inch there is room to move it up on my 91 about 2 inches. Grinding springs is a bad idea:doh:

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Moving the exhaust and tweaking it a little by making or moving a bent piece would be a lot safer than grinding on the exhaust and risk damaging your truck INCLUDiNG YOU PRESSOUS EXHAUST. But with a little tweaking and an hour or two with a torch (small propane ones work well too) and some muscle or body weight should get you the needed clearance. Also look to see if your truck is sagging it may have a broken leaf or bad shock. Before you progress onto anything else.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll shoot some pics in the light tomorrow, Doesn't help that it is 3" pipe, shocks and springs are new in the last year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts