Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1981 Ford Bronco 4.9L Manual Transmission, manual doors and locks. I got an 83 F-150 wiring harness, AT, 5.0L 302, manual everything but my [email protected]$$ didn't think about the TRUCK not having the hook up for the rear glass on the bronco. I was going to take the hook up off the old harness but it was crazy and I am not the best when it comes to electric stuff. Also the hook up for the lights that are outside in the engine compartment under the master cylinder are different. which I think I could figured that out with a wire diagram from a Haynes manual. My other harness was in an electrical fire pretty much. So there are several wires burned up with the insulation gone. anyone had any more advice on this matter? Or could tell me what years would work for that truck? Like 80 85? When did they start fuel injection?

Thanks guys.....in advance.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I would do a search at the top of the page, for Miesk5's posts, because he has posted up some wiring diagrams here within a month, or so. Through those links, I would search for the right one. I belive EFI did not begin until 1986 on the Bronco's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
What part of your old harness burned? If it's not damaged, you may be able to get by with using the Bronco dash, cab and rear wiring harness and using an F150 engine and front end harness. (I am assuming the damage was in the engine compartment.)

If the damage is not too bad it may be better to cut out the damaged portions and solder new wires in their place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks daves......the headlight wiring coming from the headlight switch is burnt all up. Yes it would be just the dash harness. How would I go about repairing that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
If thats all thats wrong cut off the bad, crimp on some new wires, heat shrink the connections, and replace the plug if neccessary. Are you running aftermarket headlights or something else that could have caused the initial damage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts