Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if the factory pre-94 door lock actuators can be used in the 94-96 Broncos?

What is the major difference other than the older actuators being metal and cylindrical and the newer being plastic and "boxy"? The mount appears to be exactly the same. Is it the actual rod coming out of the actuator that prevents the use of the earlier ones in a newer Bronco?

I keep shopping around for door lock actuators for my 94 and every place I have hit wants $45+ per actuator! Forget brand new Ford units, they're $90+ a pop! :shocked

WTF? :banghead

I even searched on eBay and I'm lucky to find ONE of the 94-96 actuators even listed....

Why are these actuators so exspensive and hard to find?

Has this style or design of actuator been used in other Ford vehicles, so maybe I can search for the same part using a different vehicle application and *PRAY* I can find it CHEAPER? :toothless

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
I was going to post a picture Ill do it tonight I can get aftermarket actuators from 8-15$ that I put in my doors you do have to take the stock mounting bracket out but it take 20 min and you have a new actuator I will post a pic tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1clean - please do post up some pics when you have time. Also, do you have any opinions to make of those aftermarket actuators if you are using them or have used them? How is the quality and how do they fair up against wear/tear or daily use?

~~~

Steve -

do you have any of those older style "connectors" though? Would this be the connector that goes onto the actuator's rod, or would it be on one of the different rods in that latch assembly?

thx fellas!

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Cobra Jet said:
1clean - please do post up some pics when you have time. Also, do you have any opinions to make of those aftermarket actuators if you are using them or have used them? How is the quality and how do they fair up against wear/tear or daily use?

~~~

Steve -

do you have any of those older style "connectors" though? Would this be the connector that goes onto the actuator's rod, or would it be on one of the different rods in that latch assembly?

thx fellas!
I have them on my truck they work awesome you do have to re mount them in a differant position other than stock. they do come with a universial mounting bracket and actuating rod, and you just cut and splice and your done.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i need a new actuator but im to lazy to replace it and its a PITA to get to...even though mine is just hanging off the bracket banging around inside my door...

anyway, i reckon i could use any ol actuator for mine then as well? 1993 F150...i really would like to fit it though, i hate broken shit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts