Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is my plan. i currently have a 96fsb 351 auto. and i have been planing to lift it and stroke the motor. thats all great but i have run into a deal i cant pass up, a 2004 f350 6.0l powerstroke with 22k. wrecked in the rear and rolled on one side. well what i want to do is take the body off the 1 ton and shorten the rear frame, and leaf mount points and put my bronco body on the one ton frame. in a sense make a one ton 395hp bronco.

ok now every one knows the plan im open to ideas and thoughts. moving and fabing body mounts / leaf points is so problem and i have done many advanced swaps so electrical is no problem, my concern is 1. driveshaft angle 2.frame widths. so lets hear it, tell me its a waste of time and laugh at me. ill do it anyway. or tell me its been done and i will like to talk w someone who has done it.

thanks . go easy its my first post and im new to the 4X4 stuff years of sportscar expirence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea on frame widths (aka) one ton too wide
if driveshaft angle will be too extreme (aka) trans length too long
thoughts?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Unles you are going to set the Bronco tub on the other frame, you got problems...bko/fi50 shafts and joints will not hold up to torque of a diesel...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
must not hane been too clear

the entire frame and drivelinewill remain f350 but im concerned with the driveshaft angle (because of the length of the trans) you 4X4 guys must be able to easly set my worrys to rest on this.....and the difference in frame width (im shure this can be solved with some box steel and brackits) just lookin for thoughts and ideas.

im thinking of a 8in sus lift for the 350 and ill prob gain 2 in in the body adaptation. 38s to 44s i think the 570 ft lbs of tq will suffice.

there are kits that add 100hp and 300lbft to the stock 6.0l thats 495hp and like 870lbft
i would love it if it will do a stand up, atleast pull a wheel. ha ha ha

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have no answer to your questions but im in awe of the idea and implore that you take lots of pictures and run it by my house if you ever finish this master plan : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts