Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I got my bronc about 8 months ago a friend at work sold me what he said was a 302 out of a mustang. I figured...hmmm...the bronc has a 302, and it was only 200 bucks (with rollover stand)and had all the internals, valves, crank,pistons, head and block. Now i'm stuck, been asking guys who see it what they think, no one can say anything other than its a ford 8 cylinder, now i've only assited in about 3 rebuilds so i'm definatly no motorhead. How do I find out what exactly it is? Took a couple of pics of the a head and the block, would appreciate any feed back.

Attachments

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
Block is a 5.0 HO block.
Heads look like old 289 heads. See if there are any casting number on the underside.
The only thing that bothers me about saying they are 289 heads is they have threaded rocker studs. Only the 289 HiPo had those and they are rare. And the other number isn't a HiPo designator.
Maybe someone took some old heads and tapped them. Hard to tell without more pics. CC in 289s were smaller.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like thats what they are then D80E's, no problem...i'll probably attempt to find another set of heads, cause it reads as tho these are really low compression and i'm wanting to make a high torque low speed climber. I don't care if it won't do 70 mph on the highway, i'm hoping to make one with more torque to climb with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts