Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys found a set of tires on ebay and the guy said hes just going to ship them together. I've heard UPS won't let you but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I don't know if they will or not but that's a lot of air to be shipping to you, probably a bit more expensive....why would he do that? Laziness ftl.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the guy aint ever sold anything before but he said he will pay half the shipping. I also told him I only needed the tires if they didnt sell on ebay and he said he didnt want to pay to have them unmounted. I sent him a message tellin him that I don't think UPS will let him maybe hell seperate them probably cheap like you're saying.

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
I would have him lower the air pressure to like 5 lbs a tire, because if you have , say, 35 lbs of air thats an extra 30 lbs each to have to ship! I'm looking out for you bro!

for anyone that doesn't know, That was a joke.:whiteflag

Back to the actual question, I've never had a problem shipping mounted tires and wheels before.

edit: 4wheel parts does it everyday.

·
the bruise
1,400 Posts
I would have him lower the air pressure to like 5 lbs a tire, because if you have , say, 35 lbs of air thats an extra 30 lbs each to have to ship! I'm looking out for you bro!
wow, i almost flamed the hell out of you!!! good one though.

maybe if you fill them with helium it will be less weight to ship?

that was a joke also.:goodfinge

·
Registered
140 Posts
I work at UPS, and YES, we will ship tires mounted on rims with air in them. I would strongly recommend that he puts cardboard over the rims to protect them during shipping.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,660 Posts
I work at UPS, and YES, we will ship tires mounted on rims with air in them. I would strongly recommend that he puts cardboard over the rims to protect them during shipping.
x2 well i used to work there and we had them come through

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
ups shipped mine from jegs with air, mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K thanks guys. The guy said he would meet me half from SC so maybe itll be cheaper just to do that but if not I'll get him to strecth wrap and cardboard them up and throw them on a truck. Anyone know how much a set of 32s and 15s would cost freight?

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
K thanks guys. The guy said he would meet me half from SC so maybe itll be cheaper just to do that but if not I'll get him to strecth wrap and cardboard them up and throw them on a truck. Anyone know how much a set of 32s and 15s would cost freight?

Doubt it - with the cost of gas, might be cheaper to just ship 'em. For the size and weight, you might look into a truck freight company, like someone you would use to ship a engine with.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i dont understand this, okay its nothing against you much, but its not difficult to call this one into ups or fedex(you already have the dimentions just not weight) and say hey, how much to ship some tires. 33x10.5. 4 of em. lol. i see other people asking for shipping quotes like fsb is a shipping company itself... no biggie though. and i have no idea how much shipping would be. but it is only a call away.,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts