Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lady and I will be going to Cannon Beach, OR for our honeymoon this Summer. We'll be there for a week and I'm not sure what vehicle we'll take but I'm considering the Bronco if there's anywhere we might want to go on some light wheeling (it's stock as of now...should have at least decent tires by summer though) or if we end up dragging the motorcycle/dirt bike down there. We'll probably have the Cherokee if we don't have the Bronco so we should still be able to get places. We'll probably be taking Mountain Bikes since we've heard/know of a lot of places to bike/hike.

I know there is a lot to do there but I generally try to find locals/frequent visitors who can tell me about places/things I might not have found out about in the time I'm there or on my own. Anybody have any tips for places we should eat/hike/bike/wheel/swim...etc?

Thanks.

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
im in seaside, there is alot to do up here, alot of the whheling up here is beach running or log roads, fun in a stock rig. hiking, there is saddle mountain, look that up, its awsome, but hard, there is also the tillamook head hike, go from seaside to cannon beach along the coast. swimming, you got the whole pacific ocean, places in both seaside and cannon beach have lifeguards too so its safe, dont swim in the columbia down here, crazy currents. historicly there is ft. clatsop which is the fort where lewis and clark stayed. also ft. stevens and cape dissapointment. also there is the astoria column. places to eat, there is good food everywhere, especially seafood, just be prepared to spend more thann you are accustomed to, if you got any more questions, let me know

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
north of seaside, there is a town called gearhart, from there up north, cant drive on the dunes though, they care too much bout the beach grass. you can have fires on the beach, but no overnighters.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
If it's your honeymoon you have to take your wife to the Seaside Aquarium to let her feed the seals. They are a riot and a very memorable experience.

You also have to take her to a lighthouse and get pictures.

You also need to have a bonfire on the beach with her.

Take her to Moe's for the Chowder.

Go to Fort Stevens & Fort Clatsop (for you) and for her, great history there.

For women it's all about the memories man.:thumbup

Oh and rent and watch the Hudsons Brothers movie "Hysterical" before you go.
It was filmed in the Newport Cannon Beach area and it's a good watch.

BTW - Your DOOMED! :histerica You'll get it later :thumbup

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's your honeymoon

Hey, it's your honeymoon, I like to go offroad to, but if you can't think of better things to do with a brand new wife, then you need proffesional help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Goto Sandlake and do some wheeling! it;s 60 miles from Cannon beach (about an hour and a half with summer traffic)
I'll be there on March 22nd I'll show you some pics....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts