Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking about the piece that connects the brake booster via that fat ass line behind the carb, I cant figure out where to put it on the new manifold

this is my stock manifold with the hole right below where the EGR goes that that tree plugged into

here is a shot of the only two holes in the back of the new manifold.

and a side shot of the new manifold

I might also add that looking at the picture there is one more water hole on the right side of the stock manifold that isnt there on the new one.

thank you guys for helping me out, as you can see Im like a frog batting his eyes around in a sand storm
:brownbag

·
Registered
788 Posts
You can use either or both of the two ports on the back of the new manifold. If you use only one don't forget to install a plug in the other! (I used the one in the #4 runner on my old bronco)

Chances are the "tree" you're using won't fit because it'll hit the air cleaner. Just pick up a 90* elbow and angle it towards the firewall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just came across your question and this is what I did on the same maifold. You have to add the EGR plate from Summit or else it will not pass emmissions. On second look I do not see the EGR Port on the maifold are you sure you got the right one? If you can register in a non emmission area you might get by until 25 years is past. but you might have trouble selling it when the time comes. I plugged the rear hole as it is water and used the front one for the water temp sender. the other vacuume hole I installed a street elbow and layed my tree down facing to the rear, shortened the brake booster hose an it fit great. I also used one of the old carb mounting studs inplace of the bolt that holds the distribuator in place. using a bolt is a pain to replace when putting the dist. back.
Ron from Shoreline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts