Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pathetic - I know.

It's such a dumb question I can't find an answer online.

I was ready to change my oil today, but I can't find where I add the new oil in. Herp derp :whiteflag

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drivers side valve cover, remove the breather that attaches to the air cleaner.
Ok, I saw a square protrusion on that valve cover....

I'll have to take a pic tomorrow bc I don't think I have a breather that attaches to the air filter.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
What about changing the oil filter, use any product but Fram.........drain the oil pan first and look at the oil pan "plug/bolt" threads to make sure they're in good condition so it won't loosen or back out due to poor or stripped threads which nearly happened to me, they're inexpensive.

Unscrew the oil filter and look to see if the rubber seal/gasket is still on the filter otherwise it's on the block where the filter threads on and you need to remove it or you will have a massive oil leak when you start the engine and pressure builds up...put some grease on that seal/gasket so it won't stick next time around.

Check the dipstick handle that it's in good shape, especially where the handle loop with the "cap" going on the dipstick tube end so oil doesn't leak out there.

Replace your PCV = positive crankcase ventilation filter and check it's vaccum hose condition for cracks etc. if it hasn't been done in a while, go with the Motorcraft PCV and new hose.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The breather on mine is on the passenger side.

Do I remove the valve cover with the breather hose on it, or the protruding cube thing?

·
******* Till I Die
963 Posts
wow...that is a bit of a quandary. I assume you have tried to twist that rectangular protrusion counter clock-wise? Have you tried to removed the bolts? That is where the oil fill cap usually is. I am not sure what that rectangular thing is, but if there are no wires running to it, I would removed the two bolts (or at least loosen them to see if it can be removed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow...that is a bit of a quandary. I assume you have tried to twist that rectangular protrusion counter clock-wise? Have you tried to removed the bolts? That is where the oil fill cap usually is. I am not sure what that rectangular thing is, but if there are no wires running to it, I would removed the two bolts (or at least loosen them to see if it can be removed.
LOL

I knew something wasn't "normal".... I aint THAT thick headed!

I'll give try to give it a turn now (didn't want to break it), if not I will unscrew it.

Can I still replace this with the 710 cap posted earlier in this thread?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
All depends what the hole looks like under that breather.

The breather on mine is on the passenger side.
Incorrect, the PCV valve is in the passenger side, the breather is on the driver side. You also might want to check that other hose on the top of the PCV valve and make sure it is plugged, it doesn't look like it is.

·
******* Till I Die
963 Posts
LOL

I knew something wasn't "normal".... I aint THAT thick headed!

I'll give try to give it a turn now (didn't want to break it), if not I will unscrew it.

Can I still replace this with the 710 cap posted earlier in this thread?
Sorry, didnt mean to imply that you were Thick headed. LOL.. Im interested in seeing what that hole looks like under the breather. At least that is what Ranger is calling it. Like he said, if the hole is normal (like it should be) a normal oil fill cap should work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so the cube is removable!

It has a rubber seal on it, I was scared to break it but it popped out... not the greatest design.

Now how in the heck do you get this filter off?? Prolly hasn't been changed in a while, can't get a filter wrench on it.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
That cap doesn't even look like it would seal. It's just resting on top of the fins, but who knows.. I would assume it's designed so that it seals, just doesn't look like it.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
84Animal, You realize that "710" cap is a joke right ? see -OIL- but flip the word upside down....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
84Animal, You realize that "710" cap is a joke right ? see -OIL- but flip the word upside down....
I noticed that it did say oil upside down, I just thought thats what you guys called it.

Anyway, I can't get my damn filter off now...

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
He can unscrew the 2 allen bolts on the breather and there should be a straight shot there, That is the way it is on my other engine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All depends what the hole looks like under that breather.

Incorrect, the PCV valve is in the passenger side, the breather is on the driver side. You also might want to check that other hose on the top of the PCV valve and make sure it is plugged, it doesn't look like it is.

Thanks for letting me know - yeah I mixed up the terminology.

The top hose is not plugged... zip tie it shut?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts