Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whiteflag

ok i once saw and read a thread on here where some one checked and shimmed the sping for proper driveline angle. now i can not find it, if some one can post a link to that thread or help me out on mine it would help.

i measured with a angle gauge and from the flat spot on the rear diff. i got 7* and when i measured the angle of the driveshaft i got 24*, now do i subtract the 7 from 24 and then add a shimm that equals that? or is there something i am missing ? btw i took my old spacer block and laid it out on a flat level surface and it measures out to 8*. so please hlp :twak

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
There has been many threads on it, so unless you kno wexactally which one you want, you probably won't find it.

How much lift you got on there? a 24* driveshaft is beyond the limits of what the stock U-joints can do. (or was the Bronco pointing uphill when you checked it?) the 8* the axle is at sounds about right for stock.

Are you sure of that driveshaft angle?

If its correct, you will have to turn your pinion up probably around 10 or 11 degreese more than what it is to get the proper "straight line" pinion and driveshaft angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts