Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 90 5.0 and i was up in it last night at like 1AM putting power steering fluid in it and i thought i heard my hood latch click... didnt even really think about it and shut my hood. not relising that it never closed and i noticed it wasnt today so i went out and i cant get it open or close?? if i pull the latch it trys to pull the hood down but wont open..
Help please!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Oh boy......been here, done that.

The only solution to this is to wiggle your paws into the grill and loosen the bolts for the latch. Then once you do this (and it aint no fun), pull your cable in the truck before trying to close it again. Make sure the latch is properly moving before closing it, or you'll be doing it again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What bolts am i loosening? and i really doubt i can get close enugh because i have a plow mount... theres a pair of bolts on the radiator suport then a pair on the latch?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Its hard as all get out to do. Im 19 and a little guy with little hands. there are 2 bolts that the latch bolts onto the truck with. You have to losen these enough to get it to wiggle and let go. Its a PITA. Good luck

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im 17 and i can;t get my hands in there... i have that stupid bug visor thing plus aplow in the way...

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Look through your grill. You should be able to see the cable that goes to the latch. The bolts are I believe 10mm, maybe they were 5/16 :scratchhe. A ratcheting wrench works best for this tough job.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks everyone for your help! I finally got it done at like 12:30am... Hahaha then i went with my friends and ending up haveing to change her tire on the side of the road in the ghetto...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts