Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, need help here gents... I have had my 95 F150 for about 6 months now, great running truck, good looking truck never been in an accident. Since I have had it tho, alignments have been a constant battle, even before the 2.5" Rough Country lift.

I have a lifetime warranty through Firestone, and they even said if they drive it before and after their alignment, it changes slightly. They do the best they can, and when I leave, it has just a hair of positive camber. However, now after a month, the passenger side is negative a degree or two.

The passenger side seems to go negative after a month or so of driving... This has repeated itself a few times. I don't think the spring is settling, because the driver side is not having this problem and it's still level.

I retorqued all of the drop brackets, and there are no signs whatsoever of any damage to them.

I honestly am beginning to hate TTB. Not much more and a sale will be in this truck's future.

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
Have you changed all your ball joints and drag link? They may be worn causing the truck to change toe angles constantly.

·
0 Posts
When its on the rack have them run the steering stop to stop and see whats loose. Most likely you have a loose drop bracket with wallowed out holes or something. I found i had wallowed out bracket holes and was creating excessive movement.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
Yeah, make sure everything is tight. You might check to see if your pivot bushings are worn. Before on my truck, I took it in for an alignment and they aligned it perfectly while it was up, but as soon as you sit the truck back down on its own weight, my pivot bushing collapses slightly and sends the alignment off just a touch.

Of course, after a few snow doughnuts my alignment IS off now and needs to be brought in. Good luck, but if you love the truck then don't get rid of it.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
check all your alignment stuff. ball joints, tie rods, ends, alignments bushings. all that good stuff. i am not sure if bearing effect alignment at all

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Double check the play in everything up front, ball joints, tie rods, nuts, bolts, and bushings. Odds are something isnt right.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I curse rebuilding my Dana44!!! I curse it! I just rebuilt an all original 1971 D44 and still have nightmares.

You guys are right. Guess I will deal with it until it gets warmer and I feel like working in the garage again. Probably the pivot bushings and/or ball joints. Or maybe it's those DAMN sway bars ! :D

Thanks for the quick responses. Truth hurts but must be known.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
did you retorque everything after the lift install? that could be the problem as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check the ball joints, bearings (could cause play in how the load sits on them if they are loose/worn), tie rods like said...Also look into some of those adj. align. cones...at least the people at the places can have alittle easier job and more align. choices...also you can adj. them when its out a bit and save the hassle of going back so often..

Now 4x4ing, aggressive driving, bigger tires, and the moon's gravitational pull on the earth will make the TTB go out of aling.

Best solution if your realy tired of it will be a SAS.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
fight i n g.... urge... to......... ma k e ....... TTB comment.........

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Find another shop to do your alignment. Most shops will check for worn or damaged parts before doing an alignment and if they find any such parts, they refuse to do it until the repairs are made.

With that said it definitely sounds like something is worn out or broken.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
MyFullSize said:
fight i n g.... urge... to......... ma k e ....... TTB comment.........

fight it all you want to jeeper:rofl:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do ALL Firestones do the lifetime alignments? It sounds like you're from Salt lake too and you have one. I'll need to get me set up with that. What did they charge for that?

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
50Gunner said:
Check the TPS:twotu: :popc1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
fight it all you want to jeeper:rofl:
I looked under my Heep, but I cannot locate where to mount TTB lowering brackets! :toothless It appears to already have a solid axle. :goodfinge

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Completely loosen the TTB components from the frame and remove.

Install monobeam Dana 44 or Dana 60.

Have an alignment done.

Enjoy.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Million$dragon said:
Do ALL Firestones do the lifetime alignments? It sounds like you're from Salt lake too and you have one. I'll need to get me set up with that. What did they charge for that?
yes they do and i will be getting one when i get my lift on. for the TTB broncos it will pay for itself after the third visit. it works like this. you pay for the alignment then give them another 100 bucks on top of that, and then viola lifetime alignment. when i do this i iwll get it done monthly.

Completely loosen the TTB components from the frame and remove.

Install monobeam Dana 44 or Dana 60.

Have an alignment done.

Enjoy.
and you make ti sound so easy

I looked under my Heep, but I cannot locate where to mount TTB lowering brackets! It appears to already have a solid axle.
yeah but it is still a heep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts