Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced the fuel filter and replaced about half of the fuel line that connects to the fuel pump with 5/16" rubber hose - long story short, the 3/8" plastic adapter broke off of the line, and I couldn't get a new one to work, so I just used rubber hose to make the connection.

I can get the truck to start up, but the only way to keep it running is by holding down the gas. When I let off, it drops to 500rpm and then dies a few seconds after that. I have no idea why it is doing this, I have tested the in tank fuel pump, and it is working fine, I have not found a way to test the inline fuel pump, and I think that it may possibly be the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What I would do at this point (like I said what I would do....you dont have to do it) is to check for codes. Even if your CEL is not on still check for codes......only tool you need is a paper clip, and if your unsure of how to do it you can follow the instructions here http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

Also......please make sure the hose you used to replace the fuel line is rated for the pressure that you system requires.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad to say, I didn't even check to see if the line can support the pressure of the system. I will check on that, and then try out the CEL afterwards, thank you for the advice.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Did you check your IAC selenoid?
Do you own a repair manual, if not go buy one. It is chalk full of info.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
waltman said:
Did you check your IAC selenoid?
Do you own a repair manual, if not go buy one. It is chalk full of info.
No I haven't checked the IAC solenoid, and I'm not sure of what or where it is. I am very new to all of this stuff, as I've only really done the basics in automotive repairs.

I do own a repair manual, but it hasn't been much of a help at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts