Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway this is related to my original tailgate question but I'm not getting any response when I tacked it on to the other thread. It's been so long since I have posted on a regular basis I don't remember the etiquette for this site regarding starting new threads. So sorry if it's a no no.

Parts came this morning yay!

Anyway, the square nylon on the end of the regulator is an extremely tight fit on the new channels they slide in. Like to the point I'm afraid they won't slide at all after the first gravel road.

Is is a bad Idea to maybe size them a little bit with a file or some emory cloth? I realize you don't want the window to rattle around but this is to the point I hope the motor has a lot of torque.

They slide better in the old channel but only on the one end which is the end I figured they slid on the most.

Also I'm thinking of leaving the old flat bar that is riveted to the window alone and just using the new channel. Another bad idea? I'm not much of a riveter and I'd hate dumping more money after cracking the glass or something.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Typically it is a good idea to start a new thread for a problem you are having. It draws the attention of more people that way. You may post in other threads with similar problems linking to your new problem thread to draw more attention. I always like to keep all my questions in one thread but that does not always get the attention you need for each new problem.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,075 Posts
Yes posting new subjects should go in the newbie section, or, after your post count is high enough (which I think it might be) you post in the tech section appropriate for your gen.

So with your rivets... I'm pretty sure I saw others mention there's a screw and nut you can use after you've drilled out the rivet 🤷. Hopefully someone can confirm (or tell me it's wrong).
lastly, u could likely sand a little to see if there's better movement but make sure you clean up and grease the tracks well before you do

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
463 Posts
As already mentioned, clean the tracks. Id start with wiping the old grease out as much as possible, then getting a small wire brush, and finish it up with some steel wool or a scotch pad. If there is a groove or anything like that you may want to use a pick or a small flat head screwdriver to make sure you get ALL the old dried grease and dirt out, make it look like a new piece of metal on the inside. Do that and add a little fresh new grease and I bet you won't need to file anything down, but if it's still too tight just make sure you sand a little bit and test fit as you go along.

Clean, spotless clean, not just wiped off.

Any Pulp Fiction fans on here? The hand washing Scene...."You watched me wash them!"...."I watched you get em wet!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts