Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 82 Bronco XLT I pulled the seats and carpet out. Much to my surprise, I find the fram for the drivers seat is broken and that I'm missing some sort of captured nut that goes in the floorpan for the front passenger seat. I've viewed something like 300 diagrams and pictures in Steve's album and couldn't find much more that could relate to it other than this pic:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/254300_1

I haven't called/visted Ford parts yet but I have no clue what I'm going to be asking for. It looks like a square nut that's set in a piece of plastic that snaps into a larger square hole in the floor pan. Tommorow I'm going to try to get a pic of one of the existing ones that still exists. Any help on Ford Part numbers or even a clue of what to ask for is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Use a nylock nut though. Otherwise they tend to loosen over time since the carpet and padding will smash down and make the nut loose. If you get a lot of rust in your area don't worry about it since the nut and bolt will be one piece soon anyways.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did search, using search terms of seat mount, seat mount floor nut, and seat mount floor retainer, and all the hits I got were talking about anything and everything except the nut. Guess I used too many search terms in this instance... However, thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to find one that is for the bench seat. Finishing that diagram I'm sure would be awfully handy ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, that's what I meant. :whiteflag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.