Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I see Broncos
6,011 Posts
Your fender is trashed anyway, just loosen the bolts on the top by the hinge and loosen the bolt that holds the bottom of it on. if it doesn't allow the door to open then start wacking it with a hammer outward.

·
Registered
122 Posts
yea try taking off the fender and if you frustrated just get a hammer:thumbup how fast were u/person who hit u going (just curious)?

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
so i got in a car accident the other day i gotta do the work my self cause the insurance the only thing i have to do is pop off the bumper and grill guard get a new hood, and get the door open. i just need to know how to get the passenger door to open its hitting the body. any ideas?

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/jstephens8510/downsize2.jpg
What about the insurance?

your fenders are pushed back into the doors.. That's why it's not opening..

You need to get a full front clip to make it all better and straight again.. I have a front clip I'd be willing to part with if the price was right.. and my buddy has the hood that matches it.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
When the front of the 89 got boogered up, the driver's door wouldn't open. Loosened the bolts, chained it to a tree and threw it in reverse for a couple good yanks and pulled the fender back out of the door. Presto. Door opened.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was gong about 30-35mpg it was raining and my brakes locked up someone cut me off, when my brakes locked up i started to pump the brakes but nothing happened, dont have full coverage insurance so i gotta fix it my self i hit the bumper of a suv it just bent the hell out of there bumper? how much for the clip and the hood?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I'm sure by now you have noticed that this thread has been moved. I have deleted your other thread that was reposted in the tech section.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
i was gong about 30-35mpg it was raining and my brakes locked up someone cut me off, when my brakes locked up i started to pump the brakes but nothing happened, dont have full coverage insurance so i gotta fix it my self i hit the bumper of a suv it just bent the hell out of there bumper? how much for the clip and the hood?
Hood I'm not sure.. my buddy has it.. I took it over there for him to scrap.. Which I know he hasn't and won't for awhile..

Give me your core support and $75 and You can have my fenders/core support.

But don't wait to long.. I'm doing my radiator fitment in my body swap and might need to cut up my core support and once I do that you'll have to try and locate another one. I'm trying to make the older model 460 radiator work.. If I have to go to the 96 radiator I'll have to have a core support to cut up to make it work.

Swapping the front clip is pretty quick.. Can be done in 1/2 a day..

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Raining when?

:doh0715:

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
It was misty earlier this week..

:toothless

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I've known 1 misty in my life time.. She was soooooo cute.... =)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Does that thing need a core support? I dont want to mess up Vics deal there, but we have a complete donor truck at "The Shop"
headlights, lower valance, fenders, hood (actually multiple hoods) inner fenders etc. Lets not forget doors, glass etc .

Take Vic up on his offer, and if he cant put his hands on something that you need, get my number from him, and we can hook you up with anything you need to fix your rig.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
You talkin about that F350 that you guys stripped?

That might be a better route for him cause if I remember that thing was all white.. My stuff is Ferrari Red..

Though my Fenders were rolled by the body shop when they cut em to make room for the 40's :brownbag

·
Registered
527 Posts
You talkin about that F350 that you guys stripped?

That might be a better route for him cause if I remember that thing was all white.. My stuff is Ferrari Red..

Though my Fenders were rolled by the body shop when they cut em to make room for the 40's :brownbag
Nah bubba, we have a green one. The white one found its home in the San Diego area, but we do have parts left over from several trucks that have been taken apart this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts